Question about "themed" dinners

JMommyof3

Mouseketeer
Our first cruise was a 4 night Bahamaian on the Dream so we had 3 MDR and 1 Pirate night which we knew (thanks to Disboards) we wouldn't really be missing much so we booked Remy. We've booked a 7 night Alaska on the Wonder and I'm curious to know when you are informed of the themed nights.

Our first cruise was a 4 night Bahamaian on the Dream so we had 3 MDR and 1 Pirate night which we knew (thanks to Disboards) we wouldn't really be missing much so we booked Remy. We've booked a 7 night Alaska on the Wonder and I'm curious to know when you are informed of the themed nights.
The only "themed" nights are (on most cruises) Pirate night, or Star Wars at Sea, or Marvel Day at Sea.

The menus, however are different every night. You can check past Navigators here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/
for an idea of what menus were available on those cruises.

A specific menu (for example - Prince & Princess menu) doesn't mean a themed night.

Once your cruise booking window opens, you can check the "My Cruise Activities" for any ship's activities that my be scheduled for your cruise.

Besides the themed menus, the 7 night cruise will have 1 formal night and 1 semi formal/dress up optional night(we've seen it called both on different cruises). In reality both are optional but a lot of people do dress accordingly.

My inexperience is showing :o. Yes, I guess I meant different menu nights not "themed" nights. I'm just wondering in case we wanted to book Palo one night, it would be nice to see what we may be missing. But knowing that it comes up during my booking window helps.

My inexperience is showing :o. Yes, I guess I meant different menu nights not "themed" nights. I'm just wondering in case we wanted to book Palo one night, it would be nice to see what we may be missing. But knowing that it comes up during my booking window helps.

No worries at all! That's what these boards are here for. Before long you will be a pro!

Below is the menu order from the 2016 7 nt Alaskan cruises, with 'regional inspirations' as part of the menu each night. It could change by the time you cruise.

Look at disneycruiselineblog for menus: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/

Days 1, 2, 3: Standard Rotational Menus, with Day 2 being Formal Night
Day 4: Freezing the Night Away Menu, Frozen deck party at 7:30PM between seatings
Day 5: Captain's Gala, Semi Formal Night
Day 6: Prince and Princess
Day 7: Til We Meet Again

Below is the menu order from the 2016 7 nt Alaskan cruises, with 'regional inspirations' as part of the menu each night. It could change by the time you cruise.

Look at disneycruiselineblog for menus: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/

Days 1, 2, 3: Standard Rotational Menus, with Day 2 being Formal Night
Day 4: Freezing the Night Away Menu, Frozen deck party at 7:30PM between seatings
Day 5: Captain's Gala, Semi Formal Night
Day 6: Prince and Princess
Day 7: Til We Meet Again

Just to share. My table mates were disappointed that there wasn't a Pirate Night. SO . . . . The standard rotation night we were in Parrot Cay (our 3rd night), we dressed as pirates and had a blast. We played 21 Black Jack-Sparrow before dinner was served, had our pictures taken, and laughed the night away. We even went to the adult show in our pirate costumes. On the Frozen night, we dressed in blue and had sparkly snowflake stickers. Same for the adult show. Our Prince and Princess night, we wore paper crowns and Disney Princess pins to dinner, and had our pictures taken with our servers also. And again wore them to the adult show. I was lucky to have such a fun group to dine with during this Alaskan cruise.

Oh jeez, when does a booking window open? We're going to try to book the 2018 member cruise but this will be our first cruise. I've been pouring over the cruise boards but there's so much to know!

Let me get this straight... it's a 4 night cruise. I think that means we rotate through the three dining options and on the fourth night it's back to the one we had first?

One of those nights will be a pirate party? Does that affect dining at all?

If we wanted to book the adult only restaurant it should be the fourth night since that's a repeat? Wouldn't that make everyone want to book for that last night?

I'm thinking since it's our first cruise and it's only four nights we will probably just eat with our kids every night but just want the facts.

Didn't mean to jump in with so many questions but you all seem so nice and helpful and not judgy. Lol

On a 4-night usually the third night is Pirate Night. It *might* change, but usually it is the third.

Likewise the rotation may change, but it will most likely not be 1231 because the repeated MDR night would be Pirate Night and due to when luggage has to be out Pirate Night will not be the last night.

If you do not want to miss one of the rotational menus your best bet - well only bet on a 4-night - is to book Palo on Pirate Night.

Likewise the rotation may change, but it will most likely not be 1231 because the repeated MDR night would be Pirate Night and due to when luggage has to be out Pirate Night will not be the last night.

I think it is currently 1233 with the first time in 3 being pirate night. When we first sailed it was 1223 so people weren't then eating in the same restaurant a third time for breakfast, but I believe they've changed.

I think it is currently 1233 with the first time in 3 being pirate night. When we first sailed it was 1223 so people weren't then eating in the same restaurant a third time for breakfast, but I believe they've changed.

Yeah - it changes a lot. But since Pirate Night is never the first or last night, the only one you won't have is 1231 - at least on an itinerary with Pirate Night.

Uh, oh. I thought it was still 1223. Gotta think about this one!

During our Alaska cruise this year, each night had a regional inspiration offering. Instead of a Pirate Night there was a Frozen themed night with a deck show and a Frozen menu (Norwegian inspired). If you look on The Disney Cruis Line Blog they have menus from AK this year posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter