Question about the Sci-Fi

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Hello!

Our very first family trip to Disney is in November. Yes, I'm researching early. I'm interested in dinner at the Sc-Fik though I noticed a picture it was nightime. Do we need to wait to eat dinner when it's nighttime to eat?? What about when it rains?

I guess this will be a hit or miss resturant for us.

:confused:

:D I'm not laughing at you, I'd never do that. Sci-fi is indoors. I just looks dark because it's supposed to feel like you are outside at a drive-in. It's really cool! My son and I have been there and liked it. He was 9 then (15 now). It's lots of fun! You sit in cars with no roofs, a bench type table in front of each front seat and back seat. We sat in the back seat. I believe there was 1 big movie theater type screen in the front of the huge restarant, looked like a parking lot! There is all kinds of movie type stuff all over. The servers wear roller skates!
So, rain or no rain, you have no worries!!! ::yes:: You'll love it, have a great time!! Oh, 50's Prime Time is a blast too!

I agree that the atmosphere is cool. Food is so-so. Stick with the overpriced burger and milkshake and you'll be happy. But don't go looking for a great meal.

The inside of the restaurant is set up to look like an old drive-in theater, so it looks like is nighttime all the time. You can have lunch or dinner there. This used to be my favorite restaurant because I love sci-fi and its still fun but the food has been lacking lately. Might I suggest that you go for lunch and stick with the hamburgers and milk shakes (which are divine!). I tried some of the other entrees and was more than disappointed but I always go there because I love the atmosphere! They tend to want to keep filling up the cars as guests come in but you can request your own car if you see that there are many available. I also was disappointed one night (the only time I've ever had dinner there) with the service, the waiter was kind of grouchy! I've always had great service when eating lunch (I always go either early 11:30am or later 2:00 for lunch). That said the desserts are also wonderful, you can go there just for dessert if you'd like. Good luck and have a great trip. Don't miss out on the photo op outside, the blue convertible is for taking pictures!

Hello all,

Wow what a fast reply!!

Thanks for the inputs. Yes, I'll definately mark it for a lunch for us. Get this, my children don't get it ("what's a drive-in movie theatre???") I guess my husband and I will get more out of this one. And thank you for the photo tip. Can't wait to go!!!!!!

::MickeyMo

Originally posted by SeeDisney
Hello all,

Wow what a fast reply!!

Thanks for the inputs. Yes, I'll definately mark it for a lunch for us. Get this, my children don't get it ("what's a drive-in movie theatre???") I guess my husband and I will get more out of this one. And thank you for the photo tip. Can't wait to go!!!!!!

::MickeyMo

Wayyy off topic here, but once I asked my kids if they knew what a drive in was just to see if they knew.

They replied: You know, when you go through the drive in like at Mickey Dees or Burger King. LOL :)

Day or night - rain or shine the Sci-Fi rocks! So neat, very fun and we REALLY enjoyed our food...don't forget the glowing ice-cube!!!!!!

Have fun!

Our kids, DS-10 & DD-8, had a great time! They loved all the old Sci-Fi clips. They could not believe movies were actually like that. The kids were seated in the front seat while DH & I were in the back seat. My only disappointment was that there is no way to have a conversation at this restaurant, (we were 2 families of 4 each) since everyone is facing the same way & focused (mezmerized) on the big screen. But if you know that going in, it's a hoot!

BTW - I used to work at a drive-in theater, so this was a fun flash-back for me.

We live less than a mile from a real drive in movie, so the kids can appreciate the sci fi better than kids elsewhere I guess! Glad I made PSs for lunch. I will remember the burgers/shakes comments. Thanks!

We have been going to WDW once or twice every year now for at least 12 years. We had always made a trip to the Scifi when we were there up until last year and this year when we did not go back. It seemed to us that the food got alot worse and alot more expensive in the last few years and we stopped going. You use to could get a reasonble price lunch there but not anymore. It seems like they have tried to turn it into a higher price eating area- maybe because it is so popular. However, with that said if you have never been I would go. It is worth at least one trip just to see the place as the atmosphere is still great.

I have some cute pics of DH and I on our honeymoon. We had a back seat in a car and they put a honeymooners sign on our car and took our picture. I loved it, was like a walk down memory lane of by gone days, i think they could move it over to pop century 50's section and it would fit right in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter