• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (Heller)

Mish19

<font color=magenta>Dared to light another candle!
I see the Atkin's Diet mentioned here a lot, but my question is about The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (Heller). I tried it awhile ago and was doing pretty well but I started having doubts about the healthiness of it. Anyone have experience with this specific diet?

It was one of the many diets that I tried at one time or another. I didn't lose very well on it. I also found myself obsessing all day about what 'carb' I was going to have at my carb meal. I would force down the extra veggies and protien just so I could add more 'legal' carb into that meal.

I am a carb addict --- and it works for me best to stay away from the carbs all together.

Can it be done healthy? Sure it can! If you are willing to pick carbs with the most vitamins/fiber/and nutrients to get the most bang for your buck -- but I don't think that too many people do it that way (at least I didn't).

The difference is - Atkins is a ketogenic diet. You lose weight and metobolize more fat when your body is in ketosis. On the CA diet, every time you have your reward meal, it would kick you right back out of ketosis again! So, you're working against yourself.

One great thing about cutting carbs, is that after a few days, the carb cravings go away. If I were to have a reward meal every day, it would defeat the purpose for me. I wouldn't be losing those cravings, but would instead be obsessing on them, counting the minutes until I could have my reward meal again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter