Question about Southwest Rewards

Momof4DisneyLuvrs

Mouseketeer
For those of you that have the Southwest rewards credit card, how quick did you get your rewards after you applied? We have a trip planned to Orlando for the beginning of June. We were planning on driving as there are 7 of us in our group. If I understood it correctly, I could apply as well as my husband and take advantage of 50,000 points each (100,000 total). Do you think it would even be possible to apply, get approved, get our points, and redeem them for 6 tickets for our trip? (I'm assuming we'd have enough for 6 tickets and we'd need to purchase the 7th).

Before I even start hashing out if this is an option for us I need to figure out if it will even work.

Thanks in advance! :love:

We applied for our card in November and had the miles about 6 weeks later.

You should be able to get a good chunk of your tickets taken care of with points. It all depends on your dates. We are (4 of us) using our miles to fly to San Diego this summer. It's costing about 80K miles.

You should get the points right after your 1st statement closes --- or at least that's how it worked for us.

My mom and I both applied for the cards on the same day. It took 3 weeks for the cards to come ( both of them showed up on the same day). We made our first purchases within a day of each other. My points showed up 3 weeks later and my mom's took 6 weeks if I remember correctly. My statement closes on a different day than hers so I was able to get mine sooner.

I would plan on 2-4 weeks for the card to get to you and 3-8 weeks for the points to show up.

It also took about 6 weeks for my points to show up. I can't seem to find on the website if the points expire at a certian time. Does anyone know ?

Thanks

It also took about 6 weeks for my points to show up. I can't seem to find on the website if the points expire at a certian time. Does anyone know ?

Thanks

As long as there is activity on your account they do not expire. If there is no activity then they will expire in 2 years.

I opened my card the end of December, used it, got my first statement but no reward points yet :rolleyes1

They should show up after your first statement. Hubby and I both applied and we were able to get 3 roundtrip tickets on EACH account and we both have about 3000 points left on EACH account. We are going in September out of Midway.

If the card is still issued by CHase then they may not allow you both to have accounts. At one time Chase was only allowing one reward account per household. We have the Disney visa ( in hubby's name) and I applied for the southwest card and was told that I could not have it because our household already has a rewards card:mad:
They may have changed things, but if not I just wanted to give you a heads up.

We have Chase Disney in DH name and I was able to get Southwest in my name. Wish we could get another one in DH name.:cool1:

I have 2 Disney VISA's and a Southwest card. DH also was able to open a Southwest card.

My points showed up about 3 weeks after I opened the card. DH's took about 6 weeks. It just depends on your billing cycle.

I applied in November and already purchased 4 round trip flights for free using my 50,000 points in the beginning of January. Just make a purchase ASAP when you get the card and you should have them quickly.

You also can call up and choose when to have the bill due ... just saying' if you want your points sooner rather than later, call and have the closing date moved up. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter