Question about silver plan/wishes.

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
We are considering the silver plan option for our next trip.

There will be 4 of us, 2 adults, and 2 children. This will give us 8 wishes a day. Can we use our childrens wishes for other options (like spa treatments for us ;)!) and just purchase the kids meal (instead of wasting a wish for a kids meal)?

If you have done the silver plan, do you have any tips?

Thanks!

Teresa

I believe that this is mentioned on at mousesavers

I think I remember reading that you can use your kid's wishes for yourself. I looked at doing the silver package, and I can't see where we would be saving money from this. We are doing a lot of character meals, but they are usually around $20 a person. That is $40 a day for me. It costs $68.

Absolutely.... you can use your wishes any way you wish :p. Sorry... couldn't resist. Anyway, you are given the total number of wishes on your room card. When you go to dinner, just tell the waiter how many you want to use. We did this a few times when I ate off the kid's menu (don't ask... I'm a very picky eater!!!!). You can pay for all of your children's meals and use all the wishes yourself for whatever you choose. You are also not limited to using them on that particular day. You can use 20 in one day and 2 the next day. I LOVE this plan. Although I could not tell you if we saved money, lost money or broke even, I can tell you that it was worth it for us just for the convenience. I don't think I could ever go with anything else!!!

Can you please tell me why you think this package is more convenient for you? I'm not asking that question as an argument. I'm really curious to know. I thought about doing the package for DH and myself, but besides the fact I don't have to carry money around for some meals, I don't understand how it is.

Thanks.

No problem (and no offense taken)....

We much prefer the fact that our meals are basically prepaid. I don't have to calculate a food budget... it's already paid for. We also like the fact that the wishes allow us to do things we probably would not normally do (i.e. spa treatments, golf, cirque). I would probably never, ever book a spa treatment on vacation knowing that I would have to shell out a couple hundred $$$ at the end (money better spent on souvenirs) but with the wishes.... it's already paid for. That may sound corny or even idiotic to some people and maybe we are losing money but we really enjoy the freedom it gives us. I'll be the first to say it doesn't work for everybody. Heck, if I wanted to save money, I wouldn't be going to Disney in the first place, right??

Madi 100 - Thanks for the link. I totally agree about it may not be worth it. I think it depends on how those wishes are used. For us the 8 wishes a day will cost $206, which is $25.75 a wish. Not financially beneficial when we use them for the children, but if used in the best way could work out great for us.

Adult Dinner at Chef Mickey's is $23.99 plus tax and tip, so that would be a saving of only about $3 for that meal. However, if we do Hoop De Doo and the Luau and use 4 wishes each time, we would save $44 on the total of each dinner. Plus DH had mentioned he was interested in spa treatments which are more expensive if paid for outright.

I've been sitting here trying to decide exactly how we would spend the wishes. I'm not sure yet if it is a good package for us.

Thanks for your help!

kdibittista - thanks for the information! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed using the silver plan so much. We feel the same way you do, we would never do the spa treatments or other luxuries without it! I also would be thinking what other souviners could I be buying with that money, lol! Plus, we have decided this will be our last trip to Disney for a few years so I was thinking of splurging!

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter