Question about Senior Pictures- Attire

DisneyGirl1721

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am having my daughter's senior pictures taken at Disney and she's wearing a blue prom type dress (with a small kicker train) for her picture in front of the castle. I read somewhere today that attire that drags on the ground is not allowed in the park, but we won't be wearing rides in the dress, only taking a few pictures in it and then taking it off and she will change so we can continue with our day. Has anyone experienced any hiccups with something similar? I see lots of pictures of brides in gowns with trains on them, but I am sure they have hired Disney photographers. When we booked our photographer, Disney didn't have their photo services open or I would have booked them. Any advice is appreciated!

Technically she will be in violation of Disney's policy. So it will depend on whether the CM at the gate is paying attention.

You can't compare it with the brides since their sessions are before normal park hours.

Have you considered having the train shortened so nothing drags the ground?

Technically she will be in violation of Disney's policy. So it will depend on whether the CM at the gate is paying attention.

You can't compare it with the brides since their sessions are before normal park hours.

Have you considered having the train shortened so nothing drags the ground?
Yes- I have a friend who does alterations and she said she will bustle it up for me tomorrow so hopefully we are in compliance. I just found out too that outside photographers aren't allowed to do pictures in Disney, which I had no idea about that either. I did try to book through Disney originally and all of their professional photography services were closed at the time. It looks as if they still are, the only thing they have opened up is Capture the Moment- which wasn't even opened when I booked. Sigh. So much for trying to do something fun and neat. Now I feel awful. :(

Yes- I have a friend who does alterations and she said she will bustle it up for me tomorrow so hopefully we are in compliance. I just found out too that outside photographers aren't allowed to do pictures in Disney, which I had no idea about that either. I did try to book through Disney originally and all of their professional photography services were closed at the time. It looks as if they still are, the only thing they have opened up is Capture the Moment- which wasn't even opened when I booked. Sigh. So much for trying to do something fun and neat. Now I feel awful. :(

I was going to suggest Capture Your Moment.

Yes, outside photographers are always banned and people in that profession don't want to get their APs (if they have them) and/or themselves banned from Disney property. But a lot of vloggers and regular people use what I consider professional equipment (but really, they are just better looking cameras). So I guess it depends on the photographer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter