Question about reservations

mommyoftwo85

Mouseketeer
We have our dates already picked out February 24th through March 6th. Here is the thing, I'm not going to be able to pay until February 5th-8th because Disney requires payment 45 days in advance. Do you think I will be able to find a room that close together (about 3 weeks apart from book to reservation).

I don't want to tell my kids and do all of this preparations if its unlikely that I'll be able to get a room.

if you are very flexible in where you stay..i would think you could find something and maybe willing to switch resorts if needed since you have a long trip planned..that may be what happens. but I love doing that ..get experiences from all different resorts. Have fun on your trip

We have our dates already picked out February 24th through March 6th. Here is the thing, I'm not going to be able to pay until February 5th-8th because Disney requires payment 45 days in advance. Do you think I will be able to find a room that close together (about 3 weeks apart from book to reservation).

I don't want to tell my kids and do all of this preparations if its unlikely that I'll be able to get a room.

You only have to pay 45 days out if you book a package. If you book room only, you pay one night's deposit and pay the balance when you check in. You can always book room only and then buy park passes once you're there.

You only have to pay 45 days out if you book a package. If you book room only, you pay one night's deposit and pay the balance when you check in. You can always book room only and then buy park passes once you're there.

This. I think you can also turn it into a package after the 45 day window, too. I know you can add the dining plan up to 3 days before your arrival, which I am assuming means you can add tickets up to that point as well.

Am I able to book a room only now and then add dining plan and tickets when I get my big check?

Also say I book a room only, and there is still a discount available would I be able to apply that discount to that current reservation?

Am I able to book a room only now and then add dining plan and tickets when I get my big check?

Also say I book a room only, and there is still a discount available would I be able to apply that discount to that current reservation?

To go from room only to a package they will cancel your room only and re-book you a package w/dining. You'll have to pay the package in full since you'll be within 45 days and you'll get a refund for the room deposit - it can't be transferred.

If you don't need the dining plan, you can just buy tickets on top of your room only. Saves a bit of hassle.

If a discount is still available for booking you can definitely put it on your package (room discount, package discount, etc.). If the discount you have on your room is expired for booking they may be able to transfer it to your package since you're switching it around. It's kind of a hassle with long holds and getting GS involved, but I've seen mixed success with it. Some CMs say no, some try to do it. Not sure what the official policy on doing it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter