' Question about Pete... | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Question about Pete...

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WDW_Ding, Jan 11, 2018.

1. WDW_Ding

WDW_Ding Ohana means family.

I hope this isn't considered to be in poor taste, but I have noticed that Pete is sometimes absent from the podcast due to health related issues.

Is there some sort of chronic health problem that Pete lives with?

Since the podcast is upfront about why Pete is sometimes absent (health/illness) I assume that Pete isn't trying to keep anything secret...

2. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

If I were Pete and I had a cold I would take the week off knowing that there's plenty of other people who can handle doing the podcast and do a killer job, instead of going feeling not 100% and maybe getting others sick.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. WDW_Ding

I get that. I only ask because I like Pete and wish him the best.

disneyland_is_magic likes this.
  5. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

I think a lot of it is normal cold and flu stuff from what has been posted/said. You also have to consider that the show is generally taped in a studio in his house (or in some addition to his house), so if he is sick (contagious), then people can't always come over and tape a show (versus if someone else on the podcast were sick).

ToffPrincess and SorcererHeidi like this.
  6. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

This is a pretty personal question, huh?

anomamatt likes this.
  7. WDW_Ding

Obviously, which is why I phrased the question the way I did.

I haven't listened to the podcast for as long as some people, so I thought that maybe I missed something.

I certainly don't mean to pry or to seem pushy. The only reason I ask is because when Pete is out someone on the show always gives a vague reason like "for health reasons", which makes me worry about him. I hope it is nothing, but I thought if it were *something*, then maybe he has talked about it before and someone could fill me in.

8. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

I'd just like to say that I thought the question was phrased very respectfully. Maybe I, myself, would not have asked it, but I do believe it was asked in a respectful manner, and out of genuine curiosity and concern.

9. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'm sure that @WebmasterPete appreciates that listeners are concerned for his health. I've been a listener for a really, really long time and I've always found him to be forthcoming about any issues (health and otherwise) in his life.

10. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Time to Rock and Roll!

Pete’s fine and in good health. Traveling, running a business, doing the podcast and taking care of your mother give you an occasional sick day or two ;)

Amy&Dan, SorcererHeidi and WDW_Ding like this.
  11. DisneyKingpin

DisneyKingpin Mouseketeer

I think Pete suffers from a condition called Nunya.

KellyHonos and smiths02 like this.
  12. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Wow, that's not very nice. :(

MaryKatesMom, Catvondita and lubob like this.
  13. TomorrowlandKD

TomorrowlandKD Paging Mr. Morrow

Man, people are so sensitive in this thread.

To the OP, I was thinking the same thing. Hope he's doing alright.

14. Queen2PrincessG

Queen2PrincessG DIS Veteran

He's diabetic and older, I would assume rest is vital for him. When you have trustworthy people, you can do it. Personal health is important.

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  15. Dee McGee

Dee McGee Mouseketeer

Since the poscast is a live video recording, Pete would likely prefer not to be on camera if he is feeling under the weather. Or he is simply exercising his status as the DIS Queen? lol

16. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

I always thought if Pete knew he would be away on a vacation, it would be a fun thing to let fans pick the host out of the Orlando team while he was away. Not to hurt anyone's feeling, just in good fun, to pick someone who doesn't typically do it. It could either be a fun perk for Patreon subscribers or a small fundraiser for GKTW, like donate $5 per vote.

If the episode turned into chaos, oh well, it would be all in good fun.

17. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

Pete has mentioned on many shows that he is diabetic so it is not a secret. I think it is sweet that someone cares enough to ask.

When my daughter was a senior in HS and playing soccer I noticed that one of the Mom's was not coming to any games that year. Finally I pulled the husband aside and asked if everything was OK and he said she had some back surgery and couldn't sit or stand for very long. I said to wish her well and I hated to pry but if I went missing I would hate to think that no one noticed or cared. He later said his wife appreciated my concern.

18. ToffPrincess

ToffPrincess Mouseketeer

Personally when I get ill I feel so bad and look so bad I wouldnt want to be on camera or have my voice recorded. I get why he stays away. It’s a great chance to give the rest of the team a chance to shine and he probably has full confidence that the show will be entertaining in their hands.

Tonyz likes this.