Question about package booked on the Irish website

chantaldb

Mouseketeer
I've booked a package with Ultimate Ticket, Memory Maker, Dining Credit and gift card through the Irish website for a stay during the Marathon Weekend in January. I've linked my hotel reservation and park tichet in the app, made dining reservations etc. No problem there. For Genie+ I gather that this has to be arranged in the park. Question remains: where do I find/get the dining credit, MemoryMaker and gift card?

Last edited:
I've booked a package with Ultimate Ticket, Memomy Maker, Dining Credit and gift card through the Irish website for a stay during the Marathon Weekend in January. I've linked my hotel reservation and park tichet in the app, made dining reservations etc. No problem there. For Genie+ I gather that this has to be arranged in the park. Question remains: where do I find/get the dining credit, MemoryMaker and gift card?

Assuming nothing's changed since 2019 and that packages booked via the Irish site work the same as the UK site:

Gift Card: in the travel package that's posted to you a couple of weeks before departure, there is a voucher that you have to take to the Disney store in Disney Springs to redeem to get the card. Although, if it's an e-card now, it'll probably be emailed to you on check-in. You then scan the barcode at payment terminals.

MemoryMaker: automatically included and activated in your park ticket on first entry into a park. You can then scan your MagicBand/park ticket/phone with a photographer or at a ride photograph location and the photos will appear in your My Disney Experience account, where you can download them.

Dining Credit: this is different from the inclusive dining plan that was offered before covid so I don't know how that works. But the inclusive dining plan was automatically activated on your account at check-in and you just scan your magic band at dining locations to pay for a meal by redeeming a dining credit. It may come in the form of a gift card or something like that considering it's now a monetary amount rather than meal credits? Have a look in the FAQs on the web site to see if there's any info on it.

If anyone knows any different, please jump in!

Thanks csimon, that's helpful!
travel package that's posted to you a couple of weeks before departure,
Hoping that reaches us by January 2 then and does not get caught up in holiday traffic
Dining Credit
I was indeed kind of hoping that it would be added to the account (and the "gift card" as well). In fact when I booked, I think I saw it mentioned that the gift card could be used for dining expenses as well. Anyway, just hoping I do not need to go to Disney Spring to redeem a voucher.

Last time I went (February 2019) I had the separate gift card voucher and had to go to Disney Springs. However, at the same time, at check-in I opted out of housekeeping to get an extra $10 per day, and that was issued there and then in the form of an e-card that was emailed to me. So seemed a bit antiquated even then that they sent me to Disney Springs to get the original gift card, especially when you can just buy gift cards anywhere, even at the hotel gift shop across the corridor from check-in! Like I said though, it may have changed since then. Regarding the posted travel pack, was it indicated when you booked that you'd get one? They may have decided by now that there's nothing worth physically posting and therefore you might just get an e-card on check-in.

Yes, gift cards can be used for any spending,wherever there's a payment terminal you can use a gft card.

the posted travel pack, was it indicated when you booked that you'd get one?

In the mail (dating from the beginning of July) it said:
Your travel documents will be mailed to your billing address approximately 2 weeks before departure
Theoretically they should arrive next week then.

Last edited:
I'm in the UK and (hopefully) going on 9th January. On 21st December I received the letter and some vouchers (that in previous years Disney had posted) by email. There are instructions on how to collect the gift card from Disney Springs and although the dining credit is listed in the letter, there is no indication about how it will be paid.

I'm back from my stay. The gift card needs to be collected in Disney Springs. Just approach one of the cast members there and ask.
dining credit is listed in the letter, there is no indication about how it will be paid.
For the dining credit I received an e-mail with a digital card [which could be saved to Google or Apple Pay] . At the restaurants they will scan the bar code.
However a HUGE word of warning....I discovered that all of my credit was gone after just using the card twice for a snack and a small meal at Pop Century.

I phoned the contact number listed in the email, because people at the reception desk did not have a clue about these dining card.
The lady on the phone would only give me a list of restaurants where my dining credit was spent (and needless to say I never went). When I asked for further explanantions, the line went dead.
Looking more closely at the bills I noticed that just one of them was scanned to my dining credit card. The other bill had a different card number (and a different remaining balance) on it.
Again I tried in vain to point this out at the reception desk. I was 200 dollars in the loss at that moment.
As I was quite early entering Epcot that day, I decided to try Guest Services. First things they did was phone the contact number again and recite all the restaurants again.
In the end I did manage to get the message across that the barcodes on the cards do not seem to scan properly and that this was obvious from the numbers on the bills.
So word of caution again, always check your balance. This will have happened to others as well! They solved it by giving me a physicial gift card for the full amount again.

Thanks for the update! Sounds like we might need to keep a close eye on things as we will have 3 separate cards for 3 rooms

Just repriced a summer trip for a friend and it’s almost £1000 cheaper though there’s no gift card or dining credit so really about the same price. Just putting it here for anyone that wants to see if they’re getting a better deal now

I'm back from my stay. The gift card needs to be collected in Disney Springs. Just approach one of the cast members there and ask.

For the dining credit I received an e-mail with a digital card [which could be saved to Google or Apple Pay] . At the restaurants they will scan the bar code.
However a HUGE word of warning....I discovered that all of my credit was gone after just using the card twice for a snack and a small meal at Pop Century.

I phoned the contact number listed in the email, because people at the reception desk did not have a clue about these dining card.
The lady on the phone would only give me a list of restaurants where my dining credit was spent (and needless to say I never went). When I asked for further explanantions, the line went dead.
Looking more closely at the bills I noticed that just one of them was scanned to my dining credit card. The other bill had a different card number (and a different remaining balance) on it.
Again I tried in vain to point this out at the reception desk. I was 200 dollars in the loss at that moment.
As I was quite early entering Epcot that day, I decided to try Guest Services. First things they did was phone the contact number again and recite all the restaurants again.
In the end I did manage to get the message across that the barcodes on the cards do not seem to scan properly and that this was obvious from the numbers on the bills.
So word of caution again, always check your balance. This will have happened to others as well! They solved it by giving me a physicial gift card for the full amount again.

Hi Chantal! I booked a package through the Irish website as well and am leaving in a week. Do you remember when you received the email with the dining credit? Starting to get a bit worried that I haven't received it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter