Question about OBB credit

blabadie

Mouseketeer
I have a question about if you could use an OBB discount for a cruise you've already booked. Essentially, can you rebook a previously booked cruise to get the OBB credit?

Background...we're going on our first cruise (Bahamian Merrytime) this December. We've started to consider doing the September 2019 British Isles cruise with Disney. Since I've started looking into it, the price has increased about $300 (family of 5) and I started wondering if the prices will continue to climb significantly or room categories sell out.

Ideally I'd like to wait till our December cruise to book a 2019 British Cruise because:
1) OBB discount (a 10% discount is ~ $1k)
2) I'd like to see how much we enjoy cruising in general and DCL in particular
3) By then I'd have the rest of our 2019 travel plans figured out so I would feel more comfortable committing to the $ necessary to fly 5 people from TX to London plus cruise, excursions, hotels, etc...

However, if I can always rebook and take advantage of OBB, I wouldn't mind putting the money down to protect against cruise cabins selling out or pricing climbing more than the value of the OBB.

Please advise...:)

I have a question about if you could use an OBB discount for a cruise you've already booked. Essentially, can you rebook a previously booked cruise to get the OBB credit?

Background...we're going on our first cruise (Bahamian Merrytime) this December. We've started to consider doing the September 2019 British Isles cruise with Disney. Since I've started looking into it, the price has increased about $300 (family of 5) and I started wondering if the prices will continue to climb significantly or room categories sell out.

Ideally I'd like to wait till our December cruise to book a 2019 British Cruise because:
1) OBB discount (a 10% discount is ~ $1k)
2) I'd like to see how much we enjoy cruising in general and DCL in particular
3) By then I'd have the rest of our 2019 travel plans figured out so I would feel more comfortable committing to the $ necessary to fly 5 people from TX to London plus cruise, excursions, hotels, etc...

However, if I can always rebook and take advantage of OBB, I wouldn't mind putting the money down to protect against cruise cabins selling out or pricing climbing more than the value of the OBB.

Please advise...:)
The best way to handle it is to go ahead and make the reservation now. Once onboard your next cruise, you can "reshop" it. Since the discounts are taken on the price of the cruise at the time of booking, it's possible that the cost for your cruise could have risen to the point that the discounts would be moot, and you would have locked into the lower price by booking earlier.

If the price with discounts comes out better, you cancel the reservation you have and rebook onboard.

There's no way of knowing for sure now whether the prices will have risen a lot, or a little, by then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter