• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about needed documentation...

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
A co-worker told me that I could use a ss card, birth certificate and driver's license in replacement of a passport to board. Does anyone know if this is true? She also stated that she brings her marriage license as backup.

I only used birth cert. and drivers license...they didn't ask for anything else....

Currently cruiselines only require a valid passport OR original birth certificate (no copy) and a photo I.D. for anyone 18 or over.

I have a feeling though that in the future with world the way it is that all travel outside the U.S. will eventually require a passport. But right now all you need is the above.

We just renewed are DD's passport and the new one looks much more "tamper proof" with all kids of holograms on it.

MJ

You don't need a SS card. Just state issued photo id and birth certificate.

I agree with MJ - I think passports will be the way of the future. That's why we got ours last year before the price went up. We were lucky to get the new ones with the holographic images inside.

Thanks everyone.

What do you use for kids if they don't have a driver's license?

Also the birth certificates must be "official" copies...with a raised seal.
We haven't cruised yet so I can't be sure if this is really true, but everything I've read thusfar states this.

If kids are in school you might have a student id that you could take along if that would make you more comfortable. We have passports and even though they aren't required I wouldn't travel outside the US without one.

Deb

Kids dont need any photo ID. We got State Identification cards for our kids and never used them.

Make sure your birth certificates have the official raised seal on them. We have always taken copies before. This trip the CM at Port Canaveral had a cow because we only had copies. They were even discussing sending a couple next to us back home (local) to get their birth certificates with a raised seal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter