Question about National car rates going down, if ever?

DIS Veteran
I keep checking daily and I have not seen any change at all I leave in 28 days.

I am trying a new reservation, but wondered if it might be lower if I went in and tried to change my old one?

any advice? or am I just stuck paying with taxes and fees
$250 for 9 days July 16 - 24 for an intermediate car???
I am using an AMEX number and a $20 off coupon code as well.

Maybe this is already a good rate???

TIA:wave2:

I think it will only go down if they have alot of cars unreserved. If this period is busy for them, they will not lower them, why should they? Did you check the Priceless code? I got a rate of $120 for the first week of May, incl tax, for 7 days, intermediate EA, free day coupon.

DebbieB, I share your pain. Prices do generally fall as you get closer. I'm 25 days out as of today and still no change. I got a good rate of $214 for 11 days EA w/coupon in May. But for my July trip I'm still at $274 for 10 DAYs EA w/coupon. I also check daily. I got a good rate last July, so will continue to check daily. This is the highest price I've paid--ever, but still not as bad as it gets, so will stay with it regardless. I'm using the carlson code and entertainment coupon for my rate. I have crunched the priceless code and it's higher. If it drops, I'll post and sure others may too.

Originally posted by 232271
I keep checking daily and I have not seen any change at all I leave in 28 days.

I am trying a new reservation, but wondered if it might be lower if I went in and tried to change my old one?

any advice? or am I just stuck paying with taxes and fees
$250 for 9 days July 16 - 24 for an intermediate car???
I am using an AMEX number and a $20 off coupon code as well.

Maybe this is already a good rate???

TIA:wave2:

You can try to modify your original reservation, you can opt to keep the original unmodified one if the price is not to your liking.
You might also try the priceless contract code: 6600330.
The time period you are traveling in is a very very busy time. I would be surprised to see if fall much, if any.

with the priceless code i get $307. so I will just stick with what I have.

I didnt think about how busy they might be, and therefore ya'll are right no reason to lower the rates.

thanks

just an update, the price has never changed even one penny!!

so I am at 250 with taxes for my intermediate, 9 days,
emerald isle, $20 off coupon, and the amex code 5125601.

but at least I will be having a ball in 2 days!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter