Question about Moonlight Magic for AK. # of people allowed?

WDW Traveler

DIS Veteran
Very new DVC Member - Moonlight Magic is totally new to us.

Trying to figure out how many people I can actually "invite" to come with us for Moonlight Magic at AK. We are a party of 10 traveling in late September. We (members) have a 2 Bedroom at BLT (7 registered in our room) and our friends (non members) rented a 1 Bedroom at BLT (3 registered in that room).

I still get confused by some of the wording.

When Disney say "Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional guest per membership" - I'm assuming that means FIVE people? My husband and I are both Members, but we have one "membership".
Or can we each, as both being members, register ourselves + 4 people? Totaling 10 people.

It does say OR "we can register up to the number of guests on our resort reservation". So that brings us to 7.

So I guess my question is - with our circumstances, and my understanding of the wording unless I am understanding wrong ("per membership" & "registered guests in room") - the max we would be allowed would be 7? Not going to get to 10 no matter what?

Would hate to mention it to our group if there was no way we could register all 10 of us.

TYIA

If you had used your points for your friends reservation, you would have been able to include them in the total number of people you could register for.

This is what I suspected. Thank you for confirming.
The room can sleep up to 9, so you could put them on your room and get 9. Some 2 bedrooms sleep 10, so if you moved from BLT to one of the 10 sleep room maybe? Not sure how much the point difference is from 9 to 10. But definitely can get 9 tickets by adding their names to your room?

If you had used your points for your friends reservation, you would have been able to include them in the total number of people you could register for.

When we made the reservation at 11 months out (Oct 2021) they weren't my points, they were my in-laws (they have since added us). They didn't have enough points with their already planned vacation in May '22. So our friends rented so we could be at the same resort.

The room can sleep up to 9, so you could put them on your room and get 9. Some 2 bedrooms sleep 10, so if you moved from BLT to one of the 10 sleep room maybe? Not sure how much the point difference is from 9 to 10. But definitely can get 9 tickets by adding their names to your room?

This would make things too complicated at this point. I'd have to add fake names and get fake Keys to the World cards as they all already have reservations/MDE in their names. lol

There are no 2 BR available for our dates (not sure which ones actually sleep 10?). And the grand villas (currently not available for our dates) would be out of our point range.

Guess this time we will skip and hope a different trip might include our first MM!

This would make things too complicated at this point. I'd have to add fake names and get fake Keys to the World cards as they all already have reservations/MDE in their names. lol

There are no 2 BR available for our dates (not sure which ones actually sleep 10?). And the grand villas (currently not available for our dates) would be out of our point range.

Guess this time we will skip and hope a different trip might include our first MM!

I wouldn't skip it. This is your chance to get on the rides with very little wait. Our last MM was at AK and my SIL loved FOP so much she did it 3 times in a row, the last two, getting back in line back to back and riding with no wait. This was as the night progressed.

Perhaps there is a volunteer in your 10 people that will sit out. Or, perhaps as it gets closer, someone here will end up with an extra spot.....

The food at AK was pretty good also, but I don't know what they are offering now.

I wouldn't skip it. This is your chance to get on the rides with very little wait. Our last MM was at AK and my SIL loved FOP so much she did it 3 times in a row, the last two, getting back in line back to back and riding with no wait. This was as the night progressed.

Perhaps there is a volunteer in your 10 people that will sit out. Or, perhaps as it gets closer, someone here will end up with an extra spot.....

The food at AK was pretty good also, but I don't know what they are offering now.

Oh trust me I'm super bummed that it turned out this way. I wish there was a fairly easy way or there was only 9 of us! lol

I will see how things play out. Can I reserve, then cancel so someone else can snag my spot if need be? I would not want to hold a spot and not use it.

The only other dilemma, the MM at AK falls on Deluxe Extended Evening hours at MK (well proposed if they keep it Wednesdays). So we are kind of debating that too - since we can all go. Was confused that they would make it the same night since most DVC members are staying Deluxe already. Although I wonder if this will make MK less crowded?! Hmmmm

Very new DVC Member - Moonlight Magic is totally new to us.

Trying to figure out how many people I can actually "invite" to come with us for Moonlight Magic at AK. We are a party of 10 traveling in late September. We (members) have a 2 Bedroom at BLT (7 registered in our room) and our friends (non members) rented a 1 Bedroom at BLT (3 registered in that room).

I still get confused by some of the wording.

When Disney say "Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional guest per membership" - I'm assuming that means FIVE people? My husband and I are both Members, but we have one "membership".
Or can we each, as both being members, register ourselves + 4 people? Totaling 10 people.

It does say OR "we can register up to the number of guests on our resort reservation". So that brings us to 7.

So I guess my question is - with our circumstances, and my understanding of the wording unless I am understanding wrong ("per membership" & "registered guests in room") - the max we would be allowed would be 7? Not going to get to 10 no matter what?

Would hate to mention it to our group if there was no way we could register all 10 of us.

TYIA
Which AK MM are you attending? Someone may have an extra ticket. We may have one extra. We are hopefully getting in for 9/28.

Nope. I chatted with member services this morning and they said the emails would go out later today, and that they would be sent in waves. They also said that if you don't get an email, there would be a link posted at 11 am ET tomorrow.

Nope. I chatted with member services this morning and they said the emails would go out later today, and that they would be sent in waves. They also said that if you don't get an email, there would be a link posted at 11 am ET tomorrow.
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone who used/uses a link posted at 11 am actually gets a reservation.

as of 10:29 pm I haven't gotten the email & have DVC reservations both 8/31 & 9/28. Frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter