Question about Magical Express.

maxmouse

A Disneyland Kid who grew into a Disneyworld fan.
This might be a crazy question but is there a charge for using this service? That time we went we used a car sevice and are thinking using the ME service. What is your opinion on the ME service?

If you are staying at a Disney resort the ME service is free. We always use ME and have been very satisfied with it. ME will take longer to get to your resort from the airport than renting a car or using a limo service because they might stop at a few other resorts before getting to your resort but for the ease and the price (ha) it can't be beat.

No charge...at least that you can actually see. The cost for DME is included in room rates. So, basically, everyone is paying for it in their room rate.
I have used the 'old' Mears shuttle, DME, a car service (with and without checked bags) as well as the newer Mears shuttle. Here are my times....sort of, as best I can remember them.
DME...average of about 70 mins from gate to resort. Some times have been just under an hour and one was close to 90 mins..most right around 65-70 mins.

Car service....carryon only...gate to resort was about 45 mins. With checked luggage it was about an hour. ($125 plus tip)

Mears shuttle..to S/D, carryon only....75 mins. ($19 one way).

It all depends on the type of experience you want. And what you are willing to pay.

ME for us has always been great! I have never timed the time it takes b/c i dont really care. THe best part for us is the ease and comfort of knowing that everything is being taken care of for us. We dont have to get bags or haggle about a rental or pay ony money out of pocket. We get off the plane and go the ME and get on a bus within a few minutes. No worries.

ME is good and got us to the resort both times around an hour after landing which we were happy with.

On departure if you're planning on doing a late flight it's nice because you can check your bags at the resort and never see them again until you get back home. Then just leave for the park and only need to be concerned about getting back to the resort for your bus departure time. It's an easy way to milk another park day out of your vacation.

We like using ME - super convenient.

Keep in mind that ME will pick you up THREE hours before your return flight. We like to choose a later flight time for that reason.

Just an FYI: somewhere between ME and WL bell staff, our bags were put in someone else's room and we were without them for the entirety of their stay. Didn't get them back until the morning we were checking out.

It looks like the majority of posters have had a positive experience with ME but it ruins your vacation pretty quickly if you don't. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk again.

Just an FYI: somewhere between ME and WL bell staff, our bags were put in someone else's room and we were without them for the entirety of their stay. Didn't get them back until the morning we were checking out.

It looks like the majority of posters have had a positive experience with ME but it ruins your vacation pretty quickly if you don't. Personally, I wouldn't take the risk again.

Hmmm really? So your bags were put in someone's else's room and that room occupant never said a word to the bell staff? Just held on to someone else's clothes for the week right?

I find that very hard to believe.

We also had one of our bags delivered to someone else's room. After several hours, and several phone calls, my husband went to the front desk and refused to leave until they had found his bag. I don't know when he would have gotten it if he had not been so proactive. He ended up going to someone else's room with a manager to get it:eek::eek:

Having said that, it is a wonderful and easy way to get to Disney. I would try it again, don't know if my husband will or not:rolleyes1

We love using the ME service, and it is free for all Disney resort guests. We love the fact that we don't have to worry about our checked bags, we just get off the plane and head straight down to ME. Disney will place your bags in your room later. Also, one of my favorite things about arrival day is stepping onto ME for the first time then watching that cute video...it lets us know we are finally in Disney :goodvibes

we used ME our last trip (for the first time) and LOVED IT !!! We swore that was it, we were not using anything else. It was wonderful that we checked our luggage at our airport and didn't see it again until we got to our room. (albeit much later on....it was like 3 hours later) But, I knew that going in, so I had a big tote w/ fresh shirts for everyone. Once we changed, we gave the bag to bell services and we hit the parks. Once our room was ready, they brought everything to our room. :thumbsup2

But back to ME.... it's SOOO nice to just sit on the bus and relax and start the trip to the hotel w/ a Disney World welcome movie. It just puts you in the mood to get there !!! They do pick you up at your resort about 3 hours before your flight, so keep that in mind. You can give all your luggage to the "resort check in" desk first thing in the morning so you won't have to deal with that again. :woohoo:

I'm the kind of guy who (only when going solo for a conference) runs from the gate down to ME so I can get to my resort as soon as possible. When I'm with my family I have to go at a much slower pace, or my DW will kill me!

I have never had an issue with how long it takes to get to the resort, regardless of which way I got down to the waiting area. The longest it has ever taken is an hour.

I was looking at pics from my December solo, work conference trip and I caught a pic of the screen in the "briefing" area in Test Track, where they show the video about the ride. My flight landed at 9:00 in Orlando and I got to my room, showered and then took my sweet time to get to Epcot. The time on the pic of the video they show at Test Track was 12:09 p.m.

A clear indication that it doesn't take as much time to get to the resort as you think.

ME is great. Just sit back, relax and let them do all the hard work. It's great to be immersed in WDW right off the bat.

J

Thanks for all the info, I think we will give it a shot.

Just an FYI: somewhere between ME and WL bell staff, our bags were put in someone else's room and we were without them.
Did you make a room special request when you got there?
The luggage might have gone to a room they pre-assigned to you and that remained vacant so no one noticed.

We love the ME!! I know I am at Disney when I am seated on the bus & it pulls away & the movie starts. :wizard: We are usually at our resort about an hour after landing, but that probably depends what time of year AND time of day you are arriving.

That being said: we handle our own luggage. It's not hard to get off the plane, grab your suitcase & check-in at ME. Same with when you get to your resort--get off bus, grab your luggage & proceed to check-in.

We find it avoids the whole "where is my bag, what's taking so long" issue plus if there is a problem from the airline with our luggage we know right away rather than later.

I love ME and have used it four times. The last time was 2 weeks ago when I stayed at POFQ. My early flight landed at 9 and when I got to the ME bus I was the only one on the bus. I had my own private bus to myself. No stopping at other resorts. A direct line right to my hotel. It was great. I was checked in and waiting at the bus stop for the Magic Kingdom at 10:15.Just a great service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter