Question about kids CS meals on DDP

oxhoward

Earning My Ears
We'll be there this month on the 23rd-31st, and I've got a question about CS meals.

It will be ME, DW, DD6, and DD8.

Most of the kids meals at CS locations...frankly...suck.

My DD6 will probably be happy, but my DD8 won't want many of those choices maybe half the time.

My question is... can I get her any of the other items instead from the adult menu. Most of the kids meals run $4-6, with the adult CS meals running $7-10. I'd gladly pay the small difference OOP, but don't really want to end up wasting CS credits every day.

Other than that, we're going to be ideal DDP users, the way the plan was intended.

I just don't want to end up at the counter and have to argue with a CM.

Thanks!

We were at POR 2/4-2/12, me, DH, DS5 & DS2. DS2 was not on the dining plan. When it came to CS, most of the time DS5 did not order off the child's menu (he dislikes chicken nuggets, mac & cheese & hot dogs, which seem to be staples on CS children's menus - so I agree that they suck). I just ordered him whatever he wanted - I would rattle off all the menu options.

Most of the time he didn't even go to the counter with me, so no one said anything when I had three adult CS items on my tray - I just used 3 CS credits. I think you'll be fine.

POFQ's CS meals, the folks said we could order from adult or kids menu for our children. This was really worked well for us, the menu was varied and even kid choices were better than the parks. This was NOT the case at the parks, much more agressive at having the kids eat off the kids menu. Once, I ate the kids meal and my son ate the adult and one time my daugther and I shared an adult meal--she is only six and with dessert we were both fine and saved one CS meal for later. So like many will tell you, it seems to depend where you are and when you are there, how well your DDP will work for you. I will say all the CM's were helpful and polite, and you know they are asked the same questions very often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter