Question about how PINs/unique codes work in case of cancelation

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
My family (me, DH and kids) plan to travel to WDW with my parents. My mom has a PIN/unique code attached her name/account; I do not (even though I'm the WDW vet between the two of us!). We plan to book two rooms for our family. Haven't made the reservation yet, but I spoke with a CM today. We usually go with the general public discount, so I have a few questions about how PINS work. The concern I have is that the CM said that my mother is required to travel with us for us to use the PIN. Makes complete sense, but my only concern is that my dad's health is shaky. We're all planning and hoping to go, but I know if my dad takes a turn for the worse, my mom will not (and should not) leave him. She will tell us to go on ahead. If this decision is made in the days leading up to the trip, would we suddenly have to pay rack rate if we need to cancel a room, or worse, cancel the whole trip for all of us? How would this be handled? Chances are things will go as planned and we'll all go as planned, but it makes me nervous. Mom shrugged and said if worse comes to worse, just cancel one room and wear her MB, but I'd like to think there's a better and more open way for it to work out. I know she would feel awful if my dad's health meant the whole family could not go.

Last edited:
It is a possibility that you would have to pay rack rate if your mom cancels. Some people have explained the situation at the front desk and sill received the UOC rate. Others have been denied the UOC rate. It would be a risk. I would probably wait for a GP offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter