Question about Halloween sailings

jimilla

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know on Halloween sailings, if they still do a pirate night? Or is this replaced with some kind of Halloween type night?

We are on the Sept 3rd sailing and just wondering.

Thanks

Does anyone know on Halloween sailings, if they still do a pirate night? Or is this replaced with some kind of Halloween type night?

We are on the Sept 3rd sailing and just wondering.

Thanks
From what I have seen from the Dream so far, they do pass out the Pirate bandanas and have CMs do a short pirate show in the MDR, but no deck party and just the new fireworks.

From what I have seen from the Dream so far, they do pass out the Pirate bandanas and have CMs do a short pirate show in the MDR, but no deck party and just the new fireworks.

Thanks...I was not aware that the Aug Sailings were the Halloween ones also, I thought the one we are doing on Sept 3rd was the fist Halloween one.

Thanks...I was not aware that the Aug Sailings were the Halloween ones also, I thought the one we are doing on Sept 3rd was the fist Halloween one.
The Halloween cruises do start in September, but they have been doing a highly-modified Pirate Night on the August sailings. Before COVID on the Halloween 3-night cruises, most of the Halloween activities and Pirate Night were the same day.

I am also on the 9/3 sailing and I called to ask. They didn't know much but the CM claimed that there will be a Halloween dress up trick-or-treat night, although she did not know how they would do it socially distanced and which night it would be.

I plan to just throw the kids costumes in the luggage just in case but I am not holding my breath. If anything, I expect they will have bags pre-filled with candy one night that they can hand out to kids, but not the same Halloween festivities they usually have. Since they split the fireworks into 2 nights, I can see them doing the same for Halloween. Maybe Night 2 the early dining does fireworks on top deck and late dining does Halloween indoors, and then Night 3 is reversed. Or maybe they do a Halloween dress up night during dinner and pass out candy right at your table.

I guess we will find out in 2 weeks!

We did a Halloween cruise years ago. It was a rainy day so they couldn’t do the trick or treating spots in their outdoor locations so they canceled the trick or treating and just had bags of candy delivered to all the staterooms. I am guessing this is how they will do it this year too.

Since trick or treating is open for adults I assume you could always ask for one of the bags to be delivered. I know I'll be asking the concierge team if it comes to that for us.

From what I have been reading its for the cabins with kids.

Are there any other Halloween activites?
are kids dressing up?
Getting ready for our cruise and would be nice to know.
and candy just for kids? Really. We all paid the $$$ for the cruise.

anyone know which night on 7 night Halloween will be? Bucaneer night?
formal night?

We just returned from the September 6 cruise and a LOT of people (kids and adults) dressed up for Halloween and Pirate night.

I wish I could help you with the 7 day stuff but if anyone is sailing on the 4 day, here is what we experienced.

Halloween was hosted on Day 2 & 3. You picked which deck party you wanted to attend at 6:15. Beauty & the Beast was at 5:45 both nights. I assume it was scheduled this way so you would pick one or the other. I think most people must have gone to the Halloween party on night 2 because it was NOT crowded at all on night 3 when we went.

It was a little weird because on night 3 there were a lot of people in pirate clothes and a lot of people in Halloween costumes. But the cast wore their Halloween attire on night 2 and their Pirate attire on night 3. So those are probably the "official" theme nights for each.

Other than the deck show and some photo opportunities, there wasn't much else done for Halloween. We did not have kids so we did not get a bag of candy. I suppose I should have asked but didn't really think about it. The decorations around the ship looked great. They did do a Nightmare Before Christmas thing on two separate days and they said Jack & Sally would be there 30 minutes prior for photos. We didn't make it over for that but if you are into that, it's something to look out for.

On Pirate night, they had the pirate menu and a short show in the dining rooms and that was pretty much the extent of it. We did see characters out in their pirate costumes for photo ops around the ship.

I don't know that you will get much insight until the 7 days actually start sailing again but hopefully that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter