Question about Gringott's ride

Tara1979

Disney fan
Hello,
A lot of rides at Universal require you to put your purse in a locker, do you have to with Gringott's? I wanted to take pictures in the que but if I can't have my purse/camera on the ride then I wanted to know.
Thanks!

Hello,
A lot of rides at Universal require you to put your purse in a locker, do you have to with Gringott's? I wanted to take pictures in the que but if I can't have my purse/camera on the ride then I wanted to know.
Thanks!

Yes, there are lockers for Gringotts. You do need to put all bags in the lockers.

yes - locker required.

I used my phone in the queue for pictures and had a secured place I could stow it. Also made sure to take pictures on the sly so no one would make me go put my phone in the locker. You really need a secure place - like a zipper pocket or zipper fanny pack under your shirt. a regular pocket won't due.

FYI - you can walk through the bank part of the queue just to take pictures and then leave.

The lockers are right there -we went through the first time and did not have a camera and it was so wonderful so we went through the second time with my husbands cell phone in his pocket , so we could take some pictures with that . It's really the best .

Thanks for quick replies. I had a feeling a locker was required. One person said you can walk through the bank without doing the ride, so do you get in the same line and then there is an exit before the ride portion I assume?

There are locker rides and metal detector rides. Gringotts is just a locker one. A cell phone in a secure pocket is ok. Bags aren't very.

I have always kept on my Kipling Multiple waist bag on Gringotts........no need to be sly with camera, many people take pictures all the way through........

Not on the ride obviously.

Thanks for quick replies. I had a feeling a locker was required. One person said you can walk through the bank without doing the ride, so do you get in the same line and then there is an exit before the ride portion I assume?

Yeah you walk through the same line/queue as everyone else. Right before you go up the steps to the boarding area, there is usually a TM that will show you the exit if you don't want to ride.

The same goes for Forbidden Journey. Although, they do have a designated line for FJ as people like to take tours of the ride sometimes. Also, although Dragon Challenge is one where you absolutely cannot have nothing on you, I was able to ask if I can take photos and done so up until the metal detectors.

I've had no problem with my phone or a small camera. You don't even have to be sly as long as it fits fully in your pocket. You can also wear a fanny pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter