Question about fast passes

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
There are four of us. Our younger child won't be tall enough for Space Mountain. I realize that the three of us have to have fast passes for Space Mountain in order for dh and I to do child swap.
What about my younger child's fast pass? I know he would like to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride while two people are on Space Mountain. If I make him a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, would they let me in the fast pass line with him even though my fast pass is for Space Mountain? He will be 4, so he can't exactly go on by himself.
Or do I need to just not bother with child swap at Space Mountain and make my fast pass with him on Buzz Lightyear?

There are four of us. Our younger child won't be tall enough for Space Mountain. I realize that the three of us have to have fast passes for Space Mountain in order for dh and I to do child swap.
What about my younger child's fast pass? I know he would like to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride while two people are on Space Mountain.
1. If I make him a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, would they let me in the fast pass line with him even though my fast pass is for Space Mountain? He will be 4, so he can't exactly go on by himself.
2.Or do I need to just not bother with child swap at Space Mountain and make my fast pass with him on Buzz Lightyear?
1. Nope.
2. You can accomplish the child swap procedure on Space Mtn. without you having a FP for Space Mtn.

What about my younger child's fast pass? I know he would like to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride while two people are on Space Mountain. If I make him a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, would they let me in the fast pass line with him even though my fast pass is for Space Mountain? He will be 4, so he can't exactly go on by himself.
Or do I need to just not bother with child swap at Space Mountain and make my fast pass with him on Buzz Lightyear?
Moved you to the Families Board where Rider Swap is discussed.

Only the first grouping of Riders need FPs and the 2nd group ride on the Swap Pass that’s added to your MDX Profiles.

Unfortunately, rider swap information is very inconsistent right now. Today, I was denied a swap at thunder mountain because I did not have a FP. The 1st group of riders did (My husband and son) while my 4 year old and I used a FP for Peter Pan. I was going to get the swap to ride Thunder mountain with my son later. I explained that if I DID have a FP for thunder, how would my 4 year old use her FP for Peter Pan? Certainly she can’t ride alone. The cast member said it was no problem for me to ride PP with her without having my own FP. He told me to explain to the cast member that my FPs were used for other rides that she can’t ride. Seems like a lot of explanation involved and not all cast members are following the same rules. Very annoying. Just wished there was a consistent policy. Thankfully, she’ll be tall enough for the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter