Question about DIS rules....

MyZoeJane

DIS Veteran
I'm curious... what is the rule about posting business related stuff on the DIS? I don't want to break any rules... but I've started to make cooling neck wraps and they've become a hit with my family and friends...

I just bought some Disney fabric and I thought if I made some, that people here might be interested in buying them?

Can I post a link in my siggy to a website that sells them if I were to make one? Or is soliciting strictly off limits here?

TIA!

Sorry, but soliciting is strictly off limits. Following are the parts of our "Guidelines for Posting" that deal with this:

1. FOR SALE posts: For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their posts deleted. For sale posts include posts asking for donations. If you are part of a charity that is looking to raise money, you must email the webmaster at webmaster@wdwinfo.com with information and proof of the organizations validity (this includes an address for the organization as well as the phone number). Otherwise, the post in question will be deleted.

5. ADVERTISING: The only commercial advertising permitted on these boards, are those that are contracted through the site. Any posts that are deemed as advertising for a commercial interest will be deleted. Commercial advertising is considered to be any individual posting for the purpose of promoting a for profit organization not directly affiliated with the DIS. Visitors are free to share their experiences with various companies, but anything considered advertising will be deleted and the user will lose posting privileges without discussion.

Thanks! I certainly don't want to break the DIS rules! I know some message boards are very strict about what kinds of links you can post... but it's a shame that there are people out there who abuse the priviledge and ruin it for others who have something nice to share! :sad2:

Curious... I've seen posts where people are sharing their Ebay names and what they are selling... Is this a rulebreaker?

CheapMom said:
http://magicmom.proboards42.com/
If you go to this site you can sell Disney stuff via the FOR SALE Disney board- you won't get as much action as eBay but it is free- and most of the members are DISers. Good luck- I might buy some!

Thanks for the link! I will make a post there for sure!!!! :thumbsup2

THe DIS rocks!!!! I love you guys!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter