question about credit card if I have to cancel

ksucats

DIS Veteran
I recently canceled my Disney placeholder cruise and booked one on RCL. Due to a few of Disney's recent changes, I have decided that they no longer are right for us. (plus we have already been on all 4 ships and looking for something different)

I plan on canceling my Disney Visa card. Right now, it has a $400 credit balance due to the reservation I canceled. My card recently expired and I got a new one that I would prefer not to activate. Ideally, I would like to apply the credit to our RCL cruise and then once it posts, call and cancel the credit card.

My only concern with doing that is what happens if we change our mind and cancel the cruise and get a refund. Will they want to credit each card we used? Will that be a problem if one of the cards was canceled?

I recently canceled my Disney placeholder cruise and booked one on RCL. Due to a few of Disney's recent changes, I have decided that they no longer are right for us. (plus we have already been on all 4 ships and looking for something different)

I plan on canceling my Disney Visa card. Right now, it has a $400 credit balance due to the reservation I canceled. My card recently expired and I got a new one that I would prefer not to activate. Ideally, I would like to apply the credit to our RCL cruise and then once it posts, call and cancel the credit card.

My only concern with doing that is what happens if we change our mind and cancel the cruise and get a refund. Will they want to credit each card we used? Will that be a problem if one of the cards was canceled?
I wouldn't cancel the card until after the final outcome is determined (you either take or cancel the cruise). Having a credit card on which there is no activity doesn't do anything to your credit score, but cancelling it may have a negative effect. Also, we had a similar situation several years ago when we got a late FLR discount (after final payment date) on a Disney cruise, and the card we used to book and pay for the cruise had been cancelled. It took Disney forever (and uncounted calls from the TA) for Disney to figure out how to refund our money :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter