Question about Boathouse

Valentina8623

Earning My Ears
i made most of my ADR's but I just saw the Boathouse restaurant and I think my kids would love to ride in those cars that go on land and water. Is it worth it? Is the food good and kid friendly? Can you only ride in the cars if you dine there? The only watch I could make this work is if I cancel our Kona dinner reservation. We are staying at the Poly btw.

i made most of my ADR's but I just saw the Boathouse restaurant and I think my kids would love to ride in those cars that go on land and water. Is it worth it? Is the food good and kid friendly? Can you only ride in the cars if you dine there? The only watch I could make this work is if I cancel our Kona dinner reservation. We are staying at the Poly btw.
Cars cost extra - like a lot extra I think. But don't believe you have to eat there to ride.

I believe it's around $95 to take a boat out for 3 people for 20 minutes.:scared1: Aside from that we really like The Boathouse and it is definitely kid-friendly. They have these cute cardboard containers shaped like their amphicars for the kid's meals. (very cute!)

I have some photos from our meal(s) there on my website and will be adding some more - feel free to check them out:

THE BOATHOUSE - PHOTOS

The BOATHOUSE® is the only place in the world that offers the unforgettable & thrilling experience of a Captain's Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar.

These rare cars drive on land and enter the water with a splash, taking you on a fun-filled, 20-minute tour of the landmarks of Disney Springs™.

Lunch & Launch!
$125 per car Join us for lunch (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) & receive
$25 off your Amphicar Tour booking. Bring your
receipt into our Ship's Store by 3 p.m. to take
advantage of this special offer! Call for details.
Tours are from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
(weather permitting). Walk-up reservations can be made at the The Boatique, adjacent to The BOATHOUSE.

My wife and I did the amphicar tour and LOVED it. There are only seats for three people in addition to the driver, two if you are of a larger size. It's not a big car. There's a discount if you eat at the Boathouse for lunch prior to going on the cars, but you aren't required to eat at the Boathouse to ride the car. If I recall correctly, without the dining discount, it was about $125 per car to ride.

It's $125 and they drive you.

For less money, you and your family can rent a self-driven boat at the Polynesian to motor about Bay Lake and to the front of the Magic Kingdom, etc.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

You don't have to eat there to ride in the amphicars. We ate there (and rode in the cars) in 2015 right after it opened and if you ate there you got a discount on the cars. And they do have a kids menu. I thought the food was good and my son (5 at the time) loved it there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter