Question about BBB and tipping

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
Do/did you tip your DD's Fairy Godmother in Training? If so, how much? Which package did you have? I'm really curious about this.

We've usually gone with the Crown package in the past. I tipped $5. The first time we went, that was the only cash (aside from a $20) that I had in my pocket, and I just decided to stick with what I'd done in the past after that. Once we did the Courtyard package, and I tipped more ($10) that time. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I did that. The FGiT herself didn't do anything more! This year when we went, we did the Crown package again, but my DD ended up with two FGiT. I wasn't sure which one to tip, so I gave both a $5 tip. If I had planned to tip $10, though, I would have ended up tipping $20, which is more than I want to spend tipping at BBB. I tip my own hairstylest, whom I've known 10 years, less than that. (I pay $60 a haircut, and I tip 20%.)

20% is standard

Yes, I know 20% is standard. But the more expensive packages aren't more expensive because there's any more service provided by the FGiT. They are more expensive only because of the merchandise. It seems silly to me to add a 20% tip on a t-shirt and tutu.

Also, what about if there are two FGT? Should I tip both 20% or divide the 20% between them? I don't really want to tip $10 twice. Like I said, that's more than I tip my own stylist! I already spend enough money at Disney without getting into $20 in tips for a $50 service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter