• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Queen Elizabeth funeral and looking forward

Agree. You've gotta do something pretty horrendous to be denied attendance at your daughter's wedding -- I'm not sure he deserved that and a public flaying as well.

Do we know that? I mean, they live a world apart, so clearly we're not going to see pictures of them going out to ballgames together -- but how do we know they don't text and communicate on a regular basis?

I do think she's building "a brand" for herself, and Harry is the handsome prince cornerstone of that brand; however, consider the life he's led: Harry's in his late 30s. Women have thrown themselves at him all his life. Surely both his parents prepared him to deal with that. I just don't think Megan is so charming that she overwhelmed him and caught him off-guard. I give Harry a little more credit than that.

A parent who feels pretty sure the relationship is over.
I’m pretty sure the doctors told him not to go as he had just had a stent placed into his coronary artery. He had been invited and planned to walk Meghan down the aisle. But yes, pretty horrendous to be excluded forever from seeing your daughter and meeting her husband and your new grandchildren.

Yes, we know that. Their estrangement has been on full display and well written about by people in their circles. William is angry with his brother.

And a parent who is hurt and angry.

(Sorry, don't have enough time today to write more than that!)

1664483902010.jpeg

This is my assumption as well, but I have to imagine a more specific cause of death is listed somewhere if only for the purpose of keeping accurate historical records, even if those records won’t be released to the public for a hundred years or something. Do others agree?
I agree. Just two days before she was up and about of her own accord, looking great for her meeting with the new Prime Minister (albeit noticably more thin and frail-appearing), all dressed up in her tartan skirt, and smiling beautifully. Two days later she is dead of “old age”. Hmm. I am of the opinion that something acute happened, such as a bad fall or a stroke or something else like that. I think it will probably come out eventually from people who were there, but it may wind up being speculation. Time will tell.

1664484135327.jpeg

1664484214626.jpeg

My Mom was the same age as The Queen (one year older), and also of solid stock, ie strong as an ox and fiercely independent. She was like HM in getting around and basically also died of old age (and cancer, which we don’t know that The Queen didn’t have; she had some telltale signs and I have read some things that alluded to just that). Mom’s decline was slow. Very slow. Over many months. Went from mobility like The Queens to less mobile, falling a lot, then eventually bedridden but still hanging on for quite a while. I care for people this age in the hospital a lot and they can be very fragile health wise. It doesn’t take much for something catastrophic to occur. Often it’s a fall. Procedures are tough at that age, so often they and their families choose to let things run their natural course. This seemed much more acute than dying of “old age”. Clearly they wanted to preserve The Queen’s dignity and respect her privacy with that “cause of death”, which is fine. I’m sure they all know what she actually died of but just chose to present it this way. JMO.

I’m pretty sure the doctors told him not to go as he had just had a stent placed into his coronary artery. He had been invited and planned to walk Meghan down the aisle. But yes, pretty horrendous to be excluded forever from seeing your daughter and meeting her husband and your new grandchildren.

And Charles was so kind as to walk her down the aisle instead. Little did he know he would be next on the chopping block :scared:

I agree. Just two days before she was up and about of her own accord, looking great for her meeting with the new Prime Minister (albeit noticably more thin and frail-appearing), all dressed up in her tartan skirt, and smiling beautifully. Two days later she is dead of “old age”. Hmm. I am of the opinion that something acute happened, such as a bad fall or a stroke or something else like that. I think it will probably come out eventually from people who were there, but it may wind up being speculation. Time will tell.

View attachment 706535

View attachment 706536

My Mom was the same age as The Queen (one year older), and also of solid stock, ie strong as an ox and fiercely independent. She was like HM in getting around and basically also died of old age (and cancer, which we don’t know that The Queen didn’t have; she had some telltale signs and I have read some things that alluded to just that). Mom’s decline was slow. Very slow. Over many months. Went from mobility like The Queens to less mobile, falling a lot, then eventually bedridden but still hanging on for quite a while. I care for people this age in the hospital a lot and they can be very fragile health wise. It doesn’t take much for something catastrophic to occur. Often it’s a fall. Procedures are tough at that age, so often they and their families choose to let things run their natural course. This seemed much more acute than dying of “old age”. Clearly they wanted to preserve The Queen’s dignity and respect her privacy with that “cause of death”, which is fine. I’m sure they all know what she actually died of but just chose to present it this way. JMO.
Sometimes the heart just stops. My Nana was 91.... well almost, she was two days shy. Lived by herself, even had her own car, in fact she had driven over an an hour by herself to visit her son, all was normal, they had a lovely dinner and a gin and tonic and then went to bed and she never woke up. Just died in her sleep, very peaceful way to go. At that age, unless foul play is suspected they don't do an autopsy, so sometimes an exact cause is not known.

Sometimes the heart just stops. My Nana was 91.... well almost, she was two days shy. Lived by herself, even had her own car, in fact she had driven over an an hour by herself to visit her son, all was normal, they had a lovely dinner and a gin and tonic and then went to bed and she never woke up. Just died in her sleep, very peaceful way to go. At that age, unless foul play is suspected they don't do an autopsy, so sometimes an exact cause is not known.
They made the concerned-for-her-health statement in the middle of the day a few hours before she died, though. I don’t think that would’ve happened if she had passed away overnight in her sleep. It seems to me there was a sudden “event” of some sort regarding her health.

Several thoughts about the Queen looking so good in that two-days-before-her-death picture:

- She does look really good in that last picture, but even a very sick person can often look good for a couple minutes.
- Remember she had professional hair dressers, etc. So she had every opportunity to look better than the average 96 year old woman.
- When a person this old dies of "natural causes", it almost always means organ failure. Even in the absence of disease, the organs just wear out. It's what happened to my grandmother at age 99 years, 5 months.
- The guess about a fall is a good one. My daughter who's a nurse says a fall is often "the beginning of the end" for an elderly person; that is, a fall can be a catalyst that puts other things into motion -- and never good things.

We

View attachment 706535

View attachment 706536

“Several sources” reported the cause of death was a stroke. This makes sense but doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Her Majesty was old and had been in poor health for quite a while.

Interesting cause of death. So much for the old adage “age isn’t a disease.”

Also, she died two hours before William and Co. arrived at Balmoral, a mere half hour into their flight, so we can put to rest the rumors that Harry held up the plane for an hour and caused the family to miss saying goodbye.

Don’t let facts muddy up this thread LOL

I don't think we need to know more about the Queen's last illness. She was really very old. She'd been missing engagements because of "mobility issues," which at least in my dad's case was caused by congestive heart failure when he was quite old. At 96, organs just stop working. I hope they don't release any more information.

Another good read is The Duchess. It’s about Camilla. It was a thread here on the Disboards. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about her and the Royal Family. She sounds like a down to earth person and well suited for her current role. It’s too bad she and Charles weren’t allowed to marry years ago.
I just finished this book. Thanks for mentioning it.

Apparently H&M are ditching their current PR team. This story about it may be inaccurate. It infers that this was a PR team that Meghan had when she was an actress, but I think it's the new team she and Harry picked up later on. High-powered group in New York. They appeared to be very proactive in getting stories out there whenever it seemed like H&M were dropping off the front page.

Here's the link. I'm really glad to see this. They didn't seem to have good goals in mind for H&M. Certainly good at what they do, but maybe not a good fit for these unique clients.
We'll see how things change, but seems like it will bring down the temperature considerably. Sure would be nice to see some peace in the Royal Family.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-Harry-Meghan-ditch-glitzy-PR-team-alone.html

They made the concerned-for-her-health statement in the middle of the day a few hours before she died, though. I don’t think that would’ve happened if she had passed away overnight in her sleep. It seems to me there was a sudden “event” of some sort regarding her health.
:littleangel: Ah, well, really what difference does it make? I said it upthread and I’ll say it again - we should all be so blessed to die comfortably in our beds, at age 99, full faculties intact and having just put in a meaningful day’s work. :littleangel:

:littleangel: Ah, well, really what difference does it make? I said it upthread and I’ll say it again - we should all be so blessed to die comfortably in our beds, at age 99, full faculties intact and having just put in a meaningful day’s work. :littleangel:
It doesn’t make a difference, at least not to me personally because I don’t care that much to know, but it seems odd that they would choose to leave it open to rumor and speculation instead of simply stating she died of a stroke (or whatever). It seems like it would be simpler to offer closure to the grieving masses rather than creating mystery but hey, I’m not a PR person, so what do I know? I would say the decision to release that info should be left to her next of kin, although I remember people arguing with me that, as members of the royal family, they’ve chosen a life in the public eye and they therefore owe “the people” glimpses into their personal lives regarding major events such as weddings and showing off their hours-old newborn babies to the world, so they may disagree. :)

It doesn’t make a difference, at least not to me personally because I don’t care that much to know, but it seems odd that they would choose to leave it open to rumor and speculation instead of simply stating she died of a stroke (or whatever). It seems like it would be simpler to offer closure to the grieving masses rather than creating mystery but hey, I’m not a PR person, so what do I know? I would say the decision to release that info should be left to her next of kin, although I remember people arguing with me that, as members of the royal family, they’ve chosen a life in the public eye and they therefore owe “the people” glimpses into their personal lives regarding major events such as weddings and showing off their hours-old newborn babies to the world, so they may disagree. :)
Perspectives may vary.
I saw a life well lived, a woman loved and respected by many, blessed with 96 years.
The closure came with the days leading up to and finally the funeral.
And really, that's all that matters to me. Life moves on.

I'd imagine for such a definitive diagnosis, an autopsy would have had to have been done, which I doubt was the case. For us, here in the colonies :teeth:, it would take something EXTREMELY unusual to compel an autopsy on a person of that age. In fact, if a very elderly person is still living in their own home, it's possible to have a doctor sort of "pre-certify" their death, if it's generally expected that they could drop at any time from natural causes. This allows the family to skip the step of calling the police in the case of a death at home and simply call the undertaker instead.

I'd imagine for such a definitive diagnosis, an autopsy would have had to have been done, which I doubt was the case. For us, here in the colonies :teeth:, it would take something EXTREMELY unusual to compel an autopsy on a person of that age. In fact, if a very elderly person is still living in their own home, it's possible to have a doctor sort of "pre-certify" their death, if it's generally expected that they could drop at any time from natural causes. This allows the family to skip the step of calling the police in the case of a death at home and simply call the undertaker instead.
Good point. Even if the doctor was near certain she’d had a stroke, for instance, but they didn’t do diagnostics like a scan to confirm that, he likely can’t put it down as a definitive cause of death.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter