QSP, GC or vouchers for group?

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
Should our Girl Scout troop plan on using QSP, should I get gift cards or should I purchase the $9 breakfast / $15 per lunch or dinner vouchers? If we don't get dessert would we be able to save money by using gift cards only? We will be using DVC so will have a kitchen, my original plan was to avoid cooking but I can save us a lot of money. Thoughts?

Disneyworld does not have vochers only dining plan or OP. Figure out where you are going to eat and do that math. Some places offer good value with meal plan but if you will mostly get water (tap) and no dessert OP is probably the way to go. Also will any girl be under 10? A lot of value in the meal plan for under 10.

Disneyworld does not have vochers only dining plan or OP. Figure out where you are going to eat and do that math. Some places offer good value with meal plan but if you will mostly get water (tap) and no dessert OP is probably the way to go. Also will any girl be under 10? A lot of value in the meal plan for under 10.

Actually, Disney DOES have vouchers that you can get if you are traveling as part of a group. ;)

Are all of the girls going to have parents there? If they don't, I would probably go with the DP, so that you could be sure everyone had plenty to eat and drink (refillable mugs!) and a snack included each day. Then again, maybe the vouchers would be better, because you can control who uses them vs. the DP where everyone in the room has their meals grouped together. I can see that being a problem with DS's Boy Scout Troop, lol.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was offered vouchers due to buying group tickets. They can be used for an entree, drink and dessert at a CS. A

No one will be under 10. But I have been leaning toward OOP and allowing an entree w/ side and drink and then breakfast in the room. Thanks again!

Hi! I was wondering what you decided to do. use vouchers? Or OOP? Our troop in going in June and just wondered how everything worked out for you.
Thanks!

I am also wondering what you decided to do. I"m leaning towards the youth dining card with a flat amount of money on it that they can use almost like OOP. But I have one parent who insists the dining plan is better.

Taking my GS troop in June of 2013...

My son's high school band is going during spring break and will be getting the vouchers for 1 QS each of the 3 days they are at Disney Parks. I know I am one of the lucky parents that my son is money savvy and will get the best value he can, however, I am still having a hard time trying to decided how much extra to send him with, I know how much (and how often) teenage boys eat, I am thinking of sending him enough for 2 CS meals.

Now, a girl scout troop leader going to WDW with her troop, you are very brave! I have seen some of the "girl' stuff in my daughter's troop, I don't know if I have the guts to take that challenge on :)

Hi - We actually decided to go with gift cards. I gave each girl a $25 budget per day. Instead of having them figure out on their own what they had left, I just told them at each meal that they could order an adult meal and a large drink. Instead of dessert, we had an ice cream or pastry or popcorn break at some point during the day. We ate cereal and fruit in the room. Had pizza from the Boardwalk one night. Every girl got a refillable mug as a souvenier to use by the pool. We actually had money left over so each girl got $15 to go with whatever money they brought on the last night of the trip and we went shopping in the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter