QS Dining Newbie Question

AtlantaSue

<font color=magenta>I'm so bad at multitasking<br>
I will be using the QS dining for the 1st time, and am not sure I know all there is to know, despite looking at the various threads on here. One poster commented that it's annoying when people "don't know how many credits they have left and how to use them...."

How will I know how many credits I have left? Do I need to track on my own, or does the card itself not keep track?

As far as "HOW to use them..." -Is there some other trick to using credits that I'm just not catching onto, or is it pretty straightforward....i.e.--if we (there will be 2 adults and 2 kids in our party) show up for a Counter Service Meal @ lunch or dinner, we each just use a lunch or dinner credit, correct?

Also--if we end up doing table service one night....none of our credits can be applied towards that, correct?

Thank y'all!

I will be using the QS dining for the 1st time, and am not sure I know all there is to know, despite looking at the various threads on here. One poster commented that it's annoying when people "don't know how many credits they have left and how to use them...."

How will I know how many credits I have left? Do I need to track on my own, or does the card itself not keep track?

As far as "HOW to use them..." -Is there some other trick to using credits that I'm just not catching onto, or is it pretty straightforward....i.e.--if we (there will be 2 adults and 2 kids in our party) show up for a Counter Service Meal @ lunch or dinner, we each just use a lunch or dinner credit, correct?

Also--if we end up doing table service one night....none of our credits can be applied towards that, correct?

Thank y'all!

Your receipts will show how many credits you have.

It sounds like you have a handle on it just fine. I'm not super familiar with the QS dining plan, but since it doesn't include TS meals you would pay OOP.

I know when I was calculating the meals in my head before our trip I did it by day and it kind of threw me off when I looked at the receipt and saw one big number as meals left. I'd assume it would look the same way with the QS plan so don't let it throw you off like it did me! lol

We always keep track in our head, but we don't have a large group and we usually eat together. At any rate, after you order and present your room key for credit your receipt will have the number of credits you have left on the bottom.

Ant table service would have to be paid out of pocket. You can useyour credits to downgrade - pay for a snack with a cs credit, pay for a cs with a table service credit, but not the other way - not even doubling (2 cs for 1 ts). Usually only happens at really busy times when you can't get into a restaurant or if someone just completely didn't plan very well.

It's very easy to keep track of. The total remaining will print on your receipt at the bottom, but the adult and children's meals are a combined total. When you go to a counter-service restaurant, the cashier will ask you if you're on the dining plan and you will present your card. He/she will see the number of adults/children on your plan, and tell you what you can get. You will order one combo meal and drink and dessert per adult, one kids' meal per child. The cashier will let you know and prompt you for whatever you are entitled to order. There are no "lunch" or "dinner" credits - they are all lumped together and you can use them for a meal at any time (including breakfast).

Any table-service meal you do will be paid for out-of-pocket and no QS dining credits will be redeemed.

If there are 3 people on the same reservation that have QS, does it just give you a total then of how many QS meals are left? It's not broken down per person or anything is it? And it doesn't matter which room key you use either, correct? Meaning if my husband or I use our room key since I'm assuming we'll have 2 keys for our room.

Dumb questions I know...

I always check our receipt after each use. This keeps me from thinking we lost some and makes sure that Disney didn't actually make a mistake (which a Cm did once with our snack credits).

It seems as if you have a good understanding of the plan. Along with your 2 meals per day, you will get 2 snacks per day and a refillable mug to be used at your resort. See the dining plan board for some great tips on how to make the most of the plan, and great suggestions for using snack credits. Also, while the computer keeps track of your credits and prints them at the bottom of your receipt, it is a good idea to have an idea of how many credits you have left and check you receipt after each transaction. Mistakes have been known to happen.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

If there are 3 people on the same reservation that have QS, does it just give you a total then of how many QS meals are left? It's not broken down per person or anything is it? And it doesn't matter which room key you use either, correct? Meaning if my husband or I use our room key since I'm assuming we'll have 2 keys for our room.

Dumb questions I know...

Yep, they're just all lumped together into one total number. You can use either of your keys (I'm not sure if you can use a child key though).

You also don't have to order 4 meals if you are not big eaters. We spread our credits out by ordering 2 or 3 meals and sharing between 4 people. Even if you have a fridge, who wants to carry leftovers around all day?

Dumb questions I know...

Yes, the receipt will give you the total left - its not broken down by person. And you can both use your own key card - it doesn't matter which one. You can use a card for one meal or 3 meals. You can even go up and get a 4th meal if someone is still hungry :rotfl:.

And there are definately no dumb questions about the dining plan. It can be very confusing. I've been using it for years and its only in the last couple years that I feel totally comfortable with it.

I'm just going to add a small detail about the tracking of credits. It will only show what you have left of the type of credit you have redeemed.

For example, if you go and get 2 burgers, it will show how many CS credits are left.

If you get an icecream as a snack, it will show you how many snack credits you have left.

If you buy snack(s) and a CS meal(s) in the same transaction, your receipt will show what remains for both types of credits.

Some useless info, but people have asked about it before.

QSDP really should be called the Counter Service Dining Plan. I think that it would save from some of the confusion, since the meal credits are only good at Counter Service Restuarants. You can use the QSDP at any meal Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner! :thumbsup2

You are very correct your credits will not be accepted at Table Service Restuarants. You'll have to pay Out of Pocket for those meals.

Don't forget the Snack Credits. You can use them for a quick small breakfast; a pasterie and a drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter