QS Advice, please

bernadette57

Earning My Ears
DH & I will be in WDW mid-September and have QS dining plan. We are looking for suggestions for resort QS meals as a break from parks. Preferably .... with a tasty cocktail . :drinking:

DH & I will be in WDW mid-September and have QS dining plan. We are looking for suggestions for resort QS meals as a break from parks. Preferably .... with a tasty cocktail . :drinking:

Try the Contempo Cafe. They have pretty good flatbread pizzas at lunchtime, among other things. Then, just a few steps away, is a small bar/lounge that will make you cocktails. Or you could go down by the pool and order cocktails from the poolbar there.

On our arrival day (we were staying at the Contemporary), we picked up lunch at the Contempo Cafe (as well as a cupcake) and then sat at the bar/lounge with our food and ordered some drinks. It was great.

Capt Cook’s over at the Poly is one of the best QS on property imo. The Thai Coconut Meatballs might be my fave QS menu item period, barring the bowls at Sat’uli.

Contempo Cafe is also my favorite resort QS from among those that I've tried. I also like Geyser Point.

Seconding Captain Cook’s, with dessert at the Pineapple Lanai. You could get a drink at Trader Sam’s while you’re there, too!

Couldn’t resist posting a pic of my cupcake and beverage at the Contemporary. We did have lunch but I don’t have a picture of that. Sorry for the sideways photo.
08461A3D-C90E-4E40-9508-119356AE395D.jpeg

Another vote for Captain Cook’s at the Poly! Also, Wolfgang Puck’s Express are DS is very good, but beware, the portions are huge.

The fish tacos at poly pool bar (the drinks were tasty too) - we go back there now even when not staying there

I think the OP means a QS where they can get their meal & a cocktail at the same place. An Alcoholic drink is now included on dining plan, only if purchased at the same place and time, same transaction, as the meal. It cannot be meal at one place, drink at another.
OP, I think a lot of the resort QS have beer in the refrigerators in the same place that you can grab. I think some have Kahlua Mudslide, wine, and I don't know what else in the frig too. I don't know for sure if they qualify, and what ones do and don't have that option. Maybe someone with experience will come on. I have seen it at Contempo Café when grabbing V-8 from the frig, and I think at Mara too, which is another good resort QS.

Yep - still HIGHLY suggesting the pool bar at the poly. The drinks are great (not wine/beer) and the food is excellent - and almost no one goes there so it is never filled with kids thank goodness

And YES it is on DDP as a quick service - average value we got was about $30-$35 pp

We leave the parks every afternoon for a afternoon break during the summer and almost always go to DS for QS lunch. We love polite pig and dluxe burger but there are a bunch of great QS options as DS.

Geiser Point Bar and Grill at Wilderness lodge has a delicious bison burger. My husband made me eat there 2 times our last trip. It sits out by the water so you can see Magic Kingdom fireworks and Electric parade at night.

Highly recommend Captain Crooks at the poly too! Great food and tons of selection, plus drinks!

The Yak and Yeti Quality Beverage Lounge (it's behind Yak & Yeti) has a small quick service menu and you can get a delicious frozen margarita with you QS meal. They also have sangria, daiquiri, and beer options. I don't think you can get alcohol if you order from the bigger menu at Yak & Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter