Q about spa treatment & use of the Rainforest Room

Lisa Lisa

DIS Veteran
DD and DH will be doing an excursion together in San Juan, leaving me with some time on the ship to myself. Yay! I'm going to try to book a massage in the spa and would like to use the Rainforest Room as well. Will I be able to use the RR if I have booked a treatment, or will I need to buy a 1-day pass separately?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Thanks for your reply! I completed online check-in last night, and it doesn't look like you can book the RR online the way you can other onboard activities. There is a form that has to be completed and either faxed or mailed to DCL. Seems like a strange way to do it! I haven't decided whether I'll go that route or just wait until I'm onboard.

You can pre-buy the RR one day pass ahead of time. It's listed under the onboard gifts/shopping section. You can either fax your order or call them and they'll give you your confirmation number right then.

I've read that you can only purchase the one-day passes ahead of time and once on board you have to purchase the weekly pass. I purchased my one-day pass via fax to make sure I have it.

Juney said:
I think some of the spa treatments include use of the RR.

Some of the other posts on the DIS seem to indicate that this is inconsistent between ships and with whichever provider you get. Sometimes they ask you to wait in there beforehand, sometimes not. If you want to be sure you get to see the rainforest room, buy the pass in advance.

There are some spa treatments that include "30 minutes in the rainforest." This is different from the unlimited day pass, but I've never seen anyone enforce it.

Also, they SAY that you have to purchase single day passes in advance, but I've never been denied after boarding. They will certainly try to sell you a length of cruise, multi-day, or couples pass after boarding, but they've always been happy to charge my KTTW card for a single day while on board!

And finally, they have further confused the issue on some cruises by making comments like "would you like to wait for the therapist in the rainforest?" while not making it clear whether they are using this as a waiting room or are intending to charge me. Since it wasn't clear, I responded that I'd wait in the lounge area (Magic.)

On the classics when we started cruising a few years ago, we were offered that if you had a spa treatment then you could use the room that day. On the new ships this has not been offered to us and when we asked we could have purchased the day pass or the whole cruise pass. Steiner may have changed the rules seeing as how the rainforest room amenities have increased with hot tubs and such, on the Dream class ships.

On the classics when we started cruising a few years ago, we were offered that if you had a spa treatment then you could use the room that day. On the new ships this has not been offered to us and when we asked we could have purchased the day pass or the whole cruise pass. Steiner may have changed the rules seeing as how the rainforest room amenities have increased with hot tubs and such, on the Dream class ships.

And for a time there was a 1/2 price use of rainforest for the day with any "hands on" treatment.....but that was some years ago.

Thanks to all for your responses. I'm going to call to order my 1-day pass, just to be on the safe side!

I'm not a spa kind of gal, but I prepaid for 2 days in the Rainforest on the Fantasy, am I ever glad that I did. Most relaxed I've ever been. It was too cool and windy on Castaway Cay for me, so my dh and I headed to the Rainforest. Heaven!

What is the pricing for a 1 day RR pass? Or even multiple day?
It looks heavenly. :goodvibes

I just spoke with DCL about buying a rainforest pass ahead of time vs on the ship, and the rep told me that there is no need to pre-purchase. She advised me to go to the spa on the first day and purchase the pass for whichever day(s) I want.

currently a one day rainforest pass is $15 + a $1 "service charge"

I just spoke with DCL about buying a rainforest pass ahead of time vs on the ship, and the rep told me that there is no need to pre-purchase. She advised me to go to the spa on the first day and purchase the pass for whichever day(s) I want.

Do you know if they have "special" pricing if you purchase a multi-day pass?

If you really want a day pass you really should buy it before you go. We were on the 14 day Wonder this past month and they did NOT sell any 1 day passes, only 2 week long ones. Only people who had bought 1 days online had them. So do NOT count on waiting to board the ship and get them.
We always get the full weekly pass, DH and I love it in there. The two week was $300 for the two of us. we bought it the first day. They only sell 30. They don't want it too crowded in there. We were there first thing and heard lots of people ask to buy 1 days and they were all told no sorry.
I did see that they let a few people in who were waiting on spa stuff, but it wasn't every day. Maybe just when it wasn't as busy. Usually people were waiting in the locker rooms. They are nice as well, they have showers and a sanua.

Hmmmm...now I'm not sure what to do. The CM on the phone today told me "they don't sell out." On the Dream last year, DH and I definitely bought the 1 day pass when we boarded. :confused3

Maybe it the pass was more popular on the 2 week so no 1 days. You just never know. If you really want to do it I wouldn't wait. But it may be offered as well. If you will be sad about missing out I would pay the extra $1. It's well worth it.

They do sell multi-day, couples passes, and length of cruise passes on board...and they always tell the story that they only sell 30 "length of cruise" passes. Bottom line, they've never refused to take my money when I wanted to buy a pass regardless of the length. I've never seen the rainforest so busy that it was a pain, although some cruises are busier than others. Sometimes you can't get one of the lounge chairs, especially if someone is taking a nap.

A length of cruise pass is priced so that it is only a good deal if you use it every day. A couple's pass is typically a great deal. The 3,4,5 day passes on 7 night cruises are a savings off single day passes, and give you the flexibility to choose your days.

My personal experience has been that in cooler weather, I love the rainforest. Hot weather, I'll be outside more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter