PVD Parking Recommendations

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
Long time BDL flyer and due to schedule changes need to fly out of PVD for our December trip, 12/2. Looking for long term parking recommendations! Thanks for any tips or good experiences.

Last edited:
There is a long-term lot at the airport. There also was (I moved away 6 years ago) a Pre-Flight parking lot near the Legal Seafoods (is that still there?) right across the street from the terminal.

Just checked the PVD airport site and I see the long-term lot at the airport isn't open right now. One of the garages offers parking at $17/day.

There is a long-term lot at the airport. There also was (I moved away 6 years ago) a Pre-Flight parking lot near the Legal Seafoods (is that still there?) right across the street from the terminal.
I don’t remember it being there when we flew out of PVD in 2019 but it was a total construction zone from 95 to the airport.

We usually park in Lot E or at a hotel when we fly from PVD. A couple of times, we’ve been able to reserve a spot in Garage B for about $85/week. With lot E closed, I would try Garage B.

We usually park in Lot E or at a hotel when we fly from PVD. A couple of times, we’ve been able to reserve a spot in Garage B for about $85/week. With lot E closed, I would try Garage B.
Good suggestions. We often spent the night at the Sheraton before flying out of PVD. Other times we parked in Garage B or the Red Beam garage. Usually in winter time we opted for the garage to avoid having to shovel the car out on return.

In the Rhode Island tradition, I'll try and explain what's available now vs what used to be. Please note that things may change further by December.

1) Rhode Island Airport Corporation owned parking (operated by LAZ) - Garage A is the closest, followed by Garage B (coupon rate available via the parking links on the pvdairport website). There are 2 uncovered parking lots -- Lot D (walk to terminal, used to be considered short-term parking) and Lot E (shuttles to terminal, used to be considered the long-term economy lot). As (presumably) a cost-savings measure with declined air passenger traffic, Lot E is currently closed and the smaller Lot D is accepting the economy lot discount coupon available on the website.

2) Red Beam Garage Garage C (used to be RIAC owned) - is just after Garage B (they're all connected; you're just walking through them to get to the terminal). They have some sort of reservation and discount available on their website.

3) PreFlight Parking - no longer in operation (also Legal Seafoods left that space to open a location nearby in Cranston; the former Legal space is now occupied by an Italian restaurant, Tavolo)

4) The Sheraton referenced above changed branding and became a Wyndham. For a while it was closed to regular guests and used as COVID-quarantine housing for vulnerable populations. However, I don't know if it's still being used as such since I no longer see the National Guard or law enforcement vehicles stationed outside it.

5) There are a number of hotels/motels in the area that offer park-stay-fly packages, however I'm not certain what's actually open. For "walkability" to the terminal, there's a Fairfield Inn adjacent to those parking garages (I think you can walk through Garage A to get from that hotel to the terminal). There's also a Hyatt Place that's on Jefferson Blvd. next to the rental car garage (connected to the terminal by a skybridge to safely cross the extremely busy Post Rd.; it's a loooooooong walk, but there are several speed ramps to help. In the past they would have an electric cart driver going back and forth to assist passengers, but I haven't been since COVID so I don't know if that's still available).

Last edited:
Thanks so much @ImprovGal for the update on what's what around the PVD airport. Definitely a lot of changes since I was there last!

I always use Redbeam garage. I hate having to shuttle over to Economy. It's a bit more expensive but the walk is quick (about 8 mins) and I can usually find covered parking. Only once have I been forced to use the top floor in the winter.

Update: Lot D may have reverted back to being a short-term lot. The light board on the airport connector exit now indicates that Lot E Economy lot remains closed, and parkers are now suggested to use Garage B with a website discount coupon bringing it to $12/day.

Update: Lot D may have reverted back to being a short-term lot. The light board on the airport connector exit now indicates that Lot E Economy lot remains closed, and parkers are now suggested to use Garage B with a website discount coupon bringing it to $12/day.
It's funny..... I just drove by the airport today to get myself acclimated to the surroundings for our upcoming trip and saw that too! That was part of my "homework". Noticed the billboards for $9.95 parking in garage "C" too. I think that's the Redbeam garage?

It's funny..... I just drove by the airport today to get myself acclimated to the surroundings for our upcoming trip and saw that too! That was part of my "homework". Noticed the billboards for $9.95 parking in garage "C" too. I think that's the Redbeam garage?

Yes, Garage C is Red Beam.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter