Purchasing tickets online

BuzzLiteyear

To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t
If you purchase tickets online do you need to print something out? Or does having ID and confirmation email work?

Planning on going Saturday or Sunday and won't have access to a printer.

Thanks!

They really want you to print it out first. You have to convert the voucher that you get through an online purchase must be converted to actual ticket media before you can go into the park. They have readers that will convert the voucher into a ticket just to the right of the center walking path under the entrance sign to the park. I had this issue on Wednesday when I arrived and finally found that there is a place called the Donald Desk over to the very right of the entrance plaza across from the entrance to the Disneyland Hotel. Just go all the way over to the right and as you walk under the overhead bridge, you'll see the Donald Desk on your left before you get to Guest Services. They can print the voucher for you there. I had a PDF on my phone but what ended up working better was having the email response you get back from an online order. I just handed the Cast Member my phone and she was able to take that information and print out the ticket for me right there and I went into the park.

Also, one other random thing with online purchase. You cannot use them the same day they are purchased. So, you can't purchase them on Saturday morning and then show up at the park that same day- the tickets will not be valid for admission that day. Make sure you purchase them the day before you go if you do it online.

Last edited:
I was there this week also and I agree with the donald desk. I printed mine out and getting into one park was fine but the person at the gate the second time gave me a problem because she said I didnt "print it out right" even though the barcode was clear and scanable.

I was there this week also and I agree with the donald desk. I printed mine out and getting into one park was fine but the person at the gate the second time gave me a problem because she said I didnt "print it out right" even though the barcode was clear and scanable.

Out of curiosity, did you just use the printed voucher for admission, or did it get converted to a normal credit card sized ticket media? In my case they converted mine directly to ticket media at the Donald Desk and I'm glad they did because I got the 25th Anniversary ticket media which fits with my opening day ticket. Just curious since I'll be back again at the end of May and will not scrambling so much with that issue then.

Out of curiosity, did you just use the printed voucher for admission, or did it get converted to a normal credit card sized ticket media? In my case they converted mine directly to ticket media at the Donald Desk and I'm glad they did because I got the 25th Anniversary ticket media which fits with my opening day ticket. Just curious since I'll be back again at the end of May and will not scrambling so much with that issue then.

I just used the printed voucher, If I was to do it again I would have waited in the line to get it converted. The second time I tired to use it the cast member said she wouldnt except it because the very top of my name was cut off due to the printer I guess (Not the barcode, All those where 100 Percent. Just the very top part of my name) When I asked why she said because she cant confirm its mine. I then asked her why since she didnt ask for my wifes id who went just before me. She paused and scanned my ticket. Not really a big deal but silly.

When I took my printed version to the ticket window last fall, they told me it didn't need to be converted into a paper ticket. Mine was a one-day only ticket though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter