Purchasing for AKV Concierge?

mamaofsix

DIS Veteran
Hi there. Still mulling over buying into DVC. A few questions:

1)I know you pretty much need to own at AKV to get a concierge level studio or 1 bedroom. But, what about the 2 bedroom concierge? Is there availability for that at the 7 month window?

2)Do the concierge rooms also have a savanna view?

We are looking at buying in direct for the benefits and for access to future resorts. It seems as though SSR is the best rate for us in terms of direct buy in & maintenance fees. We also wouldn't mind staying there. However, AKV concierge is so appealing!

Since the club level only have lockoff's getting a 2 bedroom is extremely difficult. Club level have savannah and pool views. both views are not great views since they are partialy blocked by the roof.

1)I know you pretty much need to own at AKV to get a concierge level studio or 1 bedroom. But, what about the 2 bedroom concierge? Is there availability for that at the 7 month window?
The DVC Concierge Level at AKV consists of FIVE 2-bedroom lock-offs. A 2-bedroom lock-off is a 1-bedroom and a studio with an interior connecting door. If someone books either a studio or 1-bedroom concierge level, that means there is one LESS 2-bedroom concierge level room available.

2)Do the concierge rooms also have a savanna view?
Three of the 2-bedroom lock-offs overlook an alcove of the Sunset Savanna, the other two overlook the Uzima Pool. They will NOT take view requests for the Concierge Level rooms.

Thank you! So, sounds like it's iffy to even get Concierge rooms at the 11 month mark? That certainly helps our decision - no use buying in at AKV with the higher maintenance fees if we aren't even guaranteed the room category we'd like.

Thank you! So, sounds like it's iffy to even get Concierge rooms at the 11 month mark? That certainly helps our decision - no use buying in at AKV with the higher maintenance fees if we aren't even guaranteed the room category we'd like.
A side note. BLT and AKL Kidani's 1 bedrooms/2bedroom have an extra full bathroom. Its great for a large family.

Correct. You must own AKV to even have a chance, but that chance is bad even at 11 months.

DVC is not a good purchase if you want to regularly stay concierge.

If you purchase AKV under the belief you will usually be able to get club level or value studios or 2BRs at 11 months out, you will be seriously disappointed as an owner.

I know this talk has come up a lot so I did a small test and from May - mid October I have sort of tested how easy or difficult it would be to get a studio value or a club level studio at the 11month window.

Ive tried to book each room 2-3 times per month.

Every time I tried for a club level I got it.

For the value rooms I got them every time May - mid September. From mid September to mid October I only had luck 1/3.

I know I could have been lucky, that’s why I tried all those times and some may have been pure luck but I don’t accept that for all the times. May - mid September is just easier maybe because less people want to go during those times.

Value rooms in September-January are very cheap point wise so I guess owners wishing to stretch their points - I know I would.

Club level rooms are much more points maybe that’s why fewer owners compared to value rooms want to stay there.

I have owned at AKV for years but can't bring myself to book one of the concierge rooms becasue

1. Half of the rooms do not have a savannah view. I'd rather book one

2. One of the rooms is handicap accessible so you have a higher than normal change of getting a room without a soaker tub which is an issue for me

I know this talk has come up a lot so I did a small test and from May - mid October I have sort of tested how easy or difficult it would be to get a studio value or a club level studio at the 11month window.

Ive tried to book each room 2-3 times per month.

Every time I tried for a club level I got it.

For the value rooms I got them every time May - mid September. From mid September to mid October I only had luck 1/3.

I know I could have been lucky, that’s why I tried all those times and some may have been pure luck but I don’t accept that for all the times. May - mid September is just easier maybe because less people want to go during those times.

Value rooms in September-January are very cheap point wise so I guess owners wishing to stretch their points - I know I would.

Club level rooms are much more points maybe that’s why fewer owners compared to value rooms want to stay there.
That's very interesting information. Thank you! I think we'd mostly be interested in travelling from Nov-March, so I wonder if the same would hold true...

That's very interesting information. Thank you! I think we'd mostly be interested in travelling from Nov-March, so I wonder if the same would hold true...

My guesstimate would be that values will be worse or the same.

For club level it can go either way. Was it me I would get a booking in September and then walk it to ie December.

I’ve owned at AKV several years now and go to WDW in Dec. or early Jan. and have never been able to book a CL 1 br. at Jambo. I don’t want CL enough to start walking a villa in the summer, but I always check - mostly out of curiosity - right at 11 months when I’m booking for my annual visit.

I’ve owned at AKV several years now and go to WDW in Dec. or early Jan. and have never been able to book a CL 1 br. at Jambo. I don’t want CL enough to start walking a villa in the summer, but I always check - mostly out of curiosity - right at 11 months when I’m booking for my annual visit.
When I used to own at AKV I was always able to get CL rooms.
Than again, that was back when we had day-by-day booking.

Don't buy expecting to be able to book those concierge rooms, as others said - 5 2-bed lock-offs total, that will quickly split into 5 studios and 5 1bedrooms. Studios are near impossible, the 1-beds you have a slight shot at at 11 months, but don't count on it.

Not really what OP was asking, because as non AK nowners we are checking at 7 months, but we have been checking for the last year solid to see what is available when. We’ve never seen any AK concierge available period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter