• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchased contract w 2011 points - will I be able to use?

tb1972

DVC since 2012
Hi All,
We purchased a resale with all 2011 pts, closed on 3/29 and finally got our member # today. The 2011 points must have a res or be banked by July 31. I'm concerned because I called MS with my first choice VB for any week June or July and a full week wasn't available. Two days available together only for July. CM said I could wait list for five other nights. My questions are: 1) what are the odds of a wait list coming available 2) was this just my choice in resort (VB) that's popular in the summer or will I have trouble everywhere?

Are DVC members accustomed to wait lists if not booking at the 7 or 11 month mark?

My home resort is OKW which I love, but wanted a beach vaca this summer!
Thanks
:ccat:

Hi All,
We purchased a resale with all 2011 pts, closed on 3/29 and finally got our member # today. The 2011 points must have a res or be banked by July 31. I'm concerned because I called MS with my first choice VB for any week June or July and a full week wasn't available. Two days available together only for July. CM said I could wait list for five other nights. My questions are: 1) what are the odds of a wait list coming available 2) was this just my choice in resort (VB) that's popular in the summer or will I have trouble everywhere?

Are DVC members accustomed to wait lists if not booking at the 7 or 11 month mark?

My home resort is OKW which I love, but wanted a beach vaca this summer!
Thanks
:ccat:

What is your use year? August or December? If it's August, it's too late to bank, they would have to be used by 7/31. You could ask member services for the "one time exception" for banking. If it's December, then you have to 7/31 to bank.

My questions are: 1) what are the odds of a wait list coming available 2) was this just my choice in resort (VB) that's popular in the summer or will I have trouble everywhere?

I would say the odds are pretty bad on that wait list coming through. As far as trouble everywhere I did a quick check and a studio is still available for the entire month of June at SSR. Not the beach but something on short notice.

Griz

Thank you both Debbie and Griz!

My UY is Dec. I think I'll just plan for VB next summer since I obtained the contract late this year.

I don't do Disney World in the summer - I prefer Fall. Hoping I can get a Studio at my home resort OKW in Oct.
Tabatha

You should be OK for OKW but you should plan on reserving VB right at 7 months.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter