PTParaD TRs and Shenanigans

Good info. I have yet to clamp and monitor the coleman startup. Based on how my 6500 genset responds, its a lot less amerpage startup then my last rigs dometics. Still have not pulled the trigger yet. Decided to start with upgrading the internet router for the RV first to something a little faster. Though this spring I will have a couple 12v LiFePo4 batteries to work with once I build the new 36v battery packs for a friends golf cart using raw cells. I think if I jsut start small and work my way up that should be fine. I keep wanted to just pull the trigger and do the whole thing up front and of course get some push back from the DW on the cost of that.

I keep wanted to just pull the trigger and do the whole thing up front and of course get some push back from the DW on the cost of that.
I can relate. I have 2 of the six 6 volt coach batteries in my rig that are bad. They are all flooded lead acid. I want to upgrade to AGM so I don't have to mess with watering them. I have found the GC2 AGM batteries at O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $250 a piece. That's almost $100 less than some other places and they seem to be decent. Problem is, I've read you shouldn't mix battery types or age, so I can't just replace the 2 bad ones. Six AGMs get's pricey.

The 2 bad ones are drawing down the other 4, so I may just pull those two and see how it goes with just 4 batteries and slowly acquire the 6 new AGMs over the summer.

j

I could never justify the AGM when I had my bus. I could go through two sets of FLA before covering the AGM which only had a estimated 2 extra years. I invested into the watering system insteach which was perfect.

AGMs seemed to have a slightly better discharge profile along with the extended life. I'll look at the watering systems. I didn't know they existed. That would save a ton of money and let me swap them all now. My batteries all have this type cap system and the cables interfere with about half of them and I have to remove the cables to get the caps off. All this working with about 6 inches of clearance, using a flashlight and mirror to add water.

1675107345067.png

This is the lovely compartment I get to work in. I know this isn't a lot different from many Class As, but is a bear to work in.

20230107_121926.jpg

j

Last edited:

The lithium batteries are sure great. The inverter is great, but I think they're the best part of my set up. They give so much flexibility and no maintenance.

I wish I'd waited a few minutes to get the Multi-Plus II. I had just finished it and celebrated my triumph of my Multi-PlusI install working when I sat down and watched a youtuber talk about the Multi-Plus II that evening.

My batteries are on a slide out tray that locks in place, very convenient
Where's that tongue sticking out emoji? :)

Mine are down in a weld in tray a few inches below the level of the compartment door. You literally have to lift them up and over the tray/door entry. All the while not hitting the terminals on the metal trim. Someone mentioned using a floor jack to raise them up to slide out. Genius, if I have an open floor.

j

Where's that tongue sticking out emoji? :)

Mine are down in a weld in tray a few inches below the level of the compartment door. You literally have to lift them up and over the tray/door entry. All the while not hitting the terminals on the metal trim. Someone mentioned using a floor jack to raise them up to slide out. Genius, if I have an open floor.

j
Some brilliant engineer at work there.

@Teamubr You are lucky, because that spacing is very golf car like. This system would work for you easilly.

https://www.amazon.com/Z-GO-6-6v-Battery-Watering-System/dp/B089T82WS6
https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-Pro-Fill-Watering-48V-batteries/dp/B07Z6RNXY8
https://www.campingworld.com/on-boa...-volt-kit-for-six-6-volt-batteries-77296.html

Flowrite was the system I had for 4 6v batteries. Both are easy to water the batteries and why I didnt go AGM, but that was also 10 years ago. But if 6 new wet cells and this are less then 6 AGM, why not.

both kits need a pump, too.

Thanks James.

This is the one I found that covers 6 six volts. I'll check out your links too.

1675297532375.png

I'll definitely go this route. I can get a 215 amp/hr GC2 Diehard for $144 through Advance Auto parts or a GC2 AGM from O'Reilly for $235. Others are $3-400 I'll save the $180+ per pair and go with a $150 waterer.

j

I signed out of the Army today. It was a weird feeling to take off my uniform for the last time. DW came along for the occasion to fill out some spouse paperwork.
View attachment 737183

As @Teamubr said to me elsewhere, time to get camping!

Welcome back to civilian life, Jack.

Hope the knee continues to mend.

Ed

PS - when you bringing the family to camp on the Alabama Gulf Coast? :teacher:

Last edited:
Welcome back to civilian life, Jack.

Hope the knee continues to mend.

Ed

PS - when you bringing the family to camp on the Alabama Gulf Coast? :teacher:
Thanks. I have a cane instead of crutches now. My kids are having a blast making old man jokes even more than usual. It's getting closer to being ok. I just can't really squat yet or hit stairs with much gusto yet.

Not sure when we'll make it that way. Scout camp is TEN days in our council so I'm a little committed for vacation for a few years until I can stack up some balance in the account. Our brief time at Gulf Shores in '21 was enough of a taste to want to come back though.

Let me know when you're ready. That's just a quick 12 hour drive for me. :)

j
Just a short 15 hours for me 😩.

It's JUST a bit outside long weekend territory, but hopefully I can land a job with some flexibility and bop around a bit while working during the week days

We're in!
Looks like we got us a convoy
giphy-downsized.gif

Evidently Convoy the movie, a la Kristofferson, is too obscure for giphy, so we'll have to settle for Snowman and Cletus Fred the beagle.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter