PtN, Fanasmic, WoC? Which One?

tink89

DIS Veteran
We are a group of 14. 9 adults 4 teens 1 child.

I will have dinner/lunch reservations for all or most days. We usually do not watch parades and have seen WoC enough times that we focus on other things.

If you were to chose one which one would it be and why? There are many packages for each one so not sure which one is the best option for us. The parade looks nice. I know WoC is down so wondering if they are doing something new and if we will like it. fantasmic I have seen once a very long time ago.

Or should we just put the money towards other dinners?

Given your trip dates:
There hasn't been any official word yet whether PTN will stick around after the end of Pixar Fest. We certainly hope so, but it would be hard to make plans now for the end of the year without knowing for sure.
Fantasmic! is a great choice. The show has been redone -- the new version made its debut last summer. Do a dining package, if possible, for the easiest and best viewing. Then you'll get a nice dinner and a show. Free FP viewing can be good, too, but takes more time and planning. The free section is smaller now than it used to be.
WOC is currently on hiatus and is supposed to be back by the end of the year. Keep watching the threads here for updates. When the return is announced, you'll see it here! If it does come back at the end of the year, it should be the holiday show which is very good. The WOC Dessert Party is worth doing, if you're looking for something special.

Given your trip dates:
There hasn't been any official word yet whether PTN will stick around after the end of Pixar Fest. We certainly hope so, but it would be hard to make plans now for the end of the year without knowing for sure.
Fantasmic! is a great choice. The show has been redone -- the new version made its debut last summer. Do a dining package, if possible, for the easiest and best viewing. Then you'll get a nice dinner and a show. Free FP viewing can be good, too, but takes more time and planning. The free section is smaller now than it used to be.
WOC is currently on hiatus and is supposed to be back by the end of the year. Keep watching the threads here for updates. When the return is announced, you'll see it here! If it does come back at the end of the year, it should be the holiday show which is very good. The WOC Dessert Party is worth doing, if you're looking for something special.

Yes i wondered about PtN in being shown in december. It more than likely wont be because they will have some holiday theme. I guess ill have to wait and see what happens with that one. The last Woc we saw was the Frozen version. We waited for the FP had to be back early and i really do not want to do that.
Fantasmic we were going ot try last year but had to cancel last minute.

Which view is better in WoC? Dessert or when you get a restaurant lunch/dinner? What about Fantasmic? RBT premium or regular fp at BB or Hungry bear? What about PtN? I really want to choose something where we can all enjoy the food and the view.

I did the WOC Dessert Party two years ago and loved it. You can see the seating in the picture below. We sat at high top tables so had an amazing view. They also have lower tables and the people there also seemed to enjoy it. It was nice to have a seat and not have to stand the whole time of the show. At the end of the show, they did not rush us. We just sat and finished our drink and waited for most of the crowd to leave.

woc-viewing-copy-2.png

Yes i wondered about PtN in being shown in december. It more than likely wont be because they will have some holiday theme. I guess ill have to wait and see what happens with that one. The last Woc we saw was the Frozen version. We waited for the FP had to be back early and i really do not want to do that.
Fantasmic we were going ot try last year but had to cancel last minute.

Which view is better in WoC? Dessert or when you get a restaurant lunch/dinner? What about Fantasmic? RBT premium or regular fp at BB or Hungry bear? What about PtN? I really want to choose something where we can all enjoy the food and the view.
The WoC dessert party has the best view. Of the choices you mentioned I would go for the WoC dessert party, but who knows what will be showing in December. We did the PtN reception just because it was new and wanted to try it out. We love PtN and it can be easily viewed w/o a package. We did the BB F! package and while it was nice not having to wait too long for the show and having a reserved area we would not bother again. But that could be because we do not care for F! or sitting on the ground - we had 3 in our party who could not sit on the ground because of mobility issues. CMs ended up separating us and letting 2 sit on the steps (the third was in a wheelchair and could stay in the regular area).

The WoC dessert party has the best view. Of the choices you mentioned I would go for the WoC dessert party, but who knows what will be showing in December. We did the PtN reception just because it was new and wanted to try it out. We love PtN and it can be easily viewed w/o a package. We did the BB F! package and while it was nice not having to wait too long for the show and having a reserved area we would not bother again. But that could be because we do not care for F! or sitting on the ground - we had 3 in our party who could not sit on the ground because of mobility issues. CMs ended up separating us and letting 2 sit on the steps (the third was in a wheelchair and could stay in the regular area).

Fantasmic has never really grabbed my attention. We are going with people who have not been in 10+ years and we are doing dinner/lunch reservations daily. So i though i could just do a show dinner instead of a character or buffet dinner. PtN seems really nice and i think everyone would enjoy. I guess I kind of have to wait a few months. Preferably I want a dinner and easy access to see the show. I do not want to worry about having to get there before other people in order to get a good spot.

We just got back and saw the fireworks with the projections on Main Street, PTN and F! Woc wasn’t on. Of those three hands down I liked F! the most. I wasn’t sure what to expect as we’ve never seen it at WDW. But it was awesome. We had the B.B. seats, which were great. So I don’t know if that helped. But I was really impressed with it. PTN to me was just a parade with lights. It was cool. But if I could only choose one knowing what I know it would be F!

Given your trip dates:
Since WOC is going to be down until almost the end of the year now, chances are PTN will stick around. Also, they wouldn't add the Incredibles float (which is massively expensive) for just through the end of summer, but it could take a break for a month or two to be spruced up at that point.

Fantasmic has never really grabbed my attention. We are going with people who have not been in 10+ years and we are doing dinner/lunch reservations daily. So i though i could just do a show dinner instead of a character or buffet dinner. PtN seems really nice and i think everyone would enjoy. I guess I kind of have to wait a few months. Preferably I want a dinner and easy access to see the show. I do not want to worry about having to get there before other people in order to get a good spot.
We did the F! package because we had not seen it at DLR, only at WDW. If you can only do one I think WoC dessert party is more special. But if it is not back by your dates the F! is not bad. It is a preference thing, some ppl like parades, others might like fireworks more etc. I love PtN, just like I love MSEP. I like WoC more than F! but what really puts it over the top for me is the seats and the sweets. Maybe take a poll within your group to see what would work best.

Since WOC is going to be down until almost the end of the year now, chances are PTN will stick around. Also, they wouldn't add the Incredibles float (which is massively expensive) for just through the end of summer, but it could take a break for a month or two to be spruced up at that point.
It will probably stick around for a while, but I doubt through the holiday, as the Festival of Holiday booths take up the walkway. They were unable to do Play Parade because of the walkway issue.

I did the WOC Dessert Party two years ago and loved it. You can see the seating in the picture below. We sat at high top tables so had an amazing view. They also have lower tables and the people there also seemed to enjoy it. It was nice to have a seat and not have to stand the whole time of the show. At the end of the show, they did not rush us. We just sat and finished our drink and waited for most of the crowd to leave.

woc-viewing-copy-2.png

Can you see everything clearly? How do they determine who sits where? Is it first reservations get more upfront. Are there people standing blocking your view?

We did the F! package because we had not seen it at DLR, only at WDW. If you can only do one I think WoC dessert party is more special. But if it is not back by your dates the F! is not bad. It is a preference thing, some ppl like parades, others might like fireworks more etc. I love PtN, just like I love MSEP. I like WoC more than F! but what really puts it over the top for me is the seats and the sweets. Maybe take a poll within your group to see what would work best.

Fireworks i can see as i am walking back to the hotel. It is not a big deal for us. I have asked but i guess i will have to look for videos online and see which view is better and which offer the best food for the price. I wouldn't mind the WoC dessert package but we would also have to eat something before hand and if the price is the same as a dinner then i start questioning my self.

Can you see everything clearly? How do they determine who sits where? Is it first reservations get more upfront. Are there people standing blocking your view?

Yes, we were able to see everything clearly.

They sit people first come first serve that have reservations. We arrive a half hour early and waited in line, there were about 3 groups in front of us. We were given the choice of a high top table or low top table and chose a high top table. The high top tables were behind the low top tables.

Yes the general crowd are standing in front of you, however, the view is still great.

On the night of the dessert party we had a light dinner, there was alot of food at the party. We had a high table in the front.
IMG_20170509_202137385.jpg IMG_20170509_202127173.jpg IMG_20170509_201938694.jpg IMG_20170509_212530514.jpg

PtN reception, we had a short table right up against the fence -
IMG_20180508_201600.jpg IMG_20180508_212052.jpg

I'll just chime in about Fantasmic! and say that it would have been my number one pick, but I did not really care for the revised version, and would now rate the other shows as superior. They really messed up the soundtrack in my opinion, and I wasn't happy with some of the other scenes. The new special effects are an improvement though.

I think Paint the Night is the best of the shows currently running, though I think I liked the Disneyland iteration better (I did not see the new Incredibles float when I was there earlier this year - it was the same parade sans the Frozen unit - but that was like the best unit besides the Cars unit - it's too tall for DCA). Paint the Night at DCA though shouldn't really need special viewing as there is a lot of space on the parade route. I guess what I'm saying is that the World of Color desert party is my pick.

F! Blue Bayou dinner package. Don't have a photo of the menu but it is pretty easy to find, and it is the same as every package they have offered before.
We sat at the back of the BB section because we had a wheelchair, still the view was fine.
IMG_20180506_202539.jpg IMG_20180506_212500.jpg
We moved to the front, by the railing for the fireworks. Not a great view but you got the projections on the wall of water and the fireworks where off to the side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter