PSA: Don't Try This At Home...

FayeW

DIS Veteran
Just a quick Public Service Announcement....don't shut your eyes on the treadmill. Ask me how I know.

Today, 30 seconds before my time was up on the treadmill, for some stupid reason, I shut my eyes. Unluckily for me, the 2- x 4's we had stacked near by (we are finishing our basement) broke my fall. I scraped and bruised myself up pretty good. Now 15 days before we leave for Orlando, I am icing and elevating my injured foot. Not sure if I broke something or just sprained or strained something, but I can't put any weight on it at all.

What. An. Idiot. (And I was just finally starting to get a little excited about our trip)

Oh ouch!! I'd get that foot checked out if I was you!! So sorry for you!:sad2:

Oh ouch! if it's not better by tomorrow I suggest heading to a clinic and getting an xray! I'm sending heal fast vibes for you!

I want to laugh but it wouldn't be nice. If it still hurts tomorrow then go get it checked out, you don't want to screw up your trip. Maybe you can ride around in one of those scooters now:lmao: .

:scared: Sounds like something I would do (ok - I have done it...and many other stupid tricks like it)

Rest up, get your plans ready for your trip, get some painkillers and know that if it's still sore when you're in Disney they'll be happy to lend you a wheelchair while you explore the parks. (don't ask me how I know this..it was one of those stupid tricks:rolleyes1 )

A fellow I know snapped his Achilles Tendon when that happened to him. Be sure to get it checked out if you can't put weight on it. He ended up with surgery and on crutches for awhile.

Hope you feel better :)

Kerri

Thanks for all the well wishes! I am happy to say that the crisis seems to have been averted. I iced it, and then later wrapped it with elastic bandage. I took a couple of extra strenght ibuprophen and elevated it for several hours. Last night was just awful. I couldn't put any weight on it whatsoever, and I spent the evening on the couch wrapped in blankets and drinking tea because I had chills/shakes. It was weird!

This morning it is much, much better though. I still have it wrapped but I can walk on it fairly easily. I am going to stay off it as much as I can and keep it elevated, but I think it will be fine by the weekend. Whew! I was not looking forward to limping my way through themeparks!

Glad to hear you're doing better! When I used the treadmill, I always afraid something like that would happen to me. If you have time before your trip, you still might want to go your family doc or a PT to have it checked out - just in case :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter