Prosthetic leg at disney water parks

Thorn0dark

Earning My Ears
Hi I have never been to Disney anything and am very excited to go for the 1st time on my honeymoon to Disneyworld, I love water parks but I haven't been to one in a very long time I used to get away with just taking my prosthetic leg off when I went to water parks when I was younger since I am only a below the knee amputee and my brothers would help me around if I was struggling, but I can barely get 3 hops out now without needing support since my leg length difference causes me really bad back strain, I was thinking about buying cruches to get my way around since I dont want to put my fiance through too much strain and I dont want to take a wheel chair if I dont have too, do you think it would be a good idea to look into a aid for the regular park as well? I've only been to Bush gardens and I am realizing how big Disney world is, any advice would be super helpful thank you for reading all this

Last edited:
For the non water parks most people walk 5-10 miles a day. If you can do this then you should be ok. If this is something you can not do I would get an ECV from off site ( cheeped and you have with you all the time). Most people you see at Disney useing some type of mobility device do not need one at home. Just because you have something dose not mean you have to use it all the time you can park it in the area that you are in and walk around.

As fair as the water park can not really help you there

I would recommend that you rent an ecv. (Then no one has to push you, you still maintain your independence.) May I suggest looking at Gold Mobility. There is certainly a lot of walking (average is 10 miles plus per day), along with the heat and humidity. As far as water parks, they do have wheelchairs for the water parks (made with pvc like material. You could take an ecv and use the wheelchair at water parks. They are in limited supply and i would definitely make a call and verify if there is a cost, etc. They are available in first come basis. Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
Hi I have never been to Disney anything and am very excited to go for the 1st time on my honeymoon to Disneyworld, I love water parks but I haven't been to one in a very long time I used to get away with just taking my prosthetic leg off when I went to water parks when I was younger since I am only a below the knee amputee and my brothers would help me around if I was struggling, but I can barely get 3 hops out now without needing support since my leg length difference causes me really bad back strain, I was thinking about buying cruches to get my way around since I dont want to put my fiance through too much strain and I dont want to take a wheel chair if I dont have too, do you think it would be a good idea to look into a aid for the regular park as well? I've only been to Bush gardens and I am realizing how big Disney world is, any advice would be super helpful thank you for reading all this

Disney World has a web page for folks with mobility disabilities, and it could answer a lot of your questions. There is also contact info at the top for their Disability Services department! :)

We did waterparks last summer when my daughter broke her foot. They had PVC wheelchairs (free) that can go right into the water, and even down one of the raft-type waterslides too! Made it so much easier to get around for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter