Proposal in or near Living with the Land

Tophkiss

Earning My Ears
I am planning to propose to my Girlfriend when we go to WDW in April next year. We always talk about how she wants to live in the house on living with the land.

I want to know if anyone has ideas or suggestions about how to best pull off a proposal near that scene. I have a feeling that if we are there at the right time I could get the CM to give us our own boat. But I have also been thinking about possibly doing it at Garden Grill since that looks over the scene, but I think that's not really the best place to propose since it's not really a fancy place.

I was also thinking of trying to hire a photographer from the area that is not associated with Disney. Do you think it would be possible for them to take pictures as propose in some way? I am not sure if the boat behind us could get a good view of us to get pictures. Or they could sit up in the Garden Grill but since that rotates you cant be sure on the timing.

Really I am just looking for any suggestions that anyone may have. Thanks!!!

Pre congratulations on the engagement! Possibly couldn't you just book garden grill. Even when it rotates, it's very slow.....my DD stared at that house for forever asking who lived in it 😂. Tell the cast member when you check in, what your plan is ( to propose, arrive early.) Ask if a CM would capture the moment on your phone. Disney normally tries to be extra accommodating, so this plan could work. I'm not sure about on living with the land, with a cast member taking pics from above. You can hire a photographer from disney ( capture your moment i think it's called....I know they have it at MK, you'dhave to call to see if they'd do it elsewhere. I'm not sure if they'd even see the whole moment from above while you all are in the boats. I doubt a non disney photographer would be allowed in the restaurant to take pics though. Good luck, wishing you both magical memories!

Edited to add, I've always told my DH I wish he had proposed to me at Disney either on the bridge from BW to epcot while the fireworks are going, or at polynesian Beach while the fireworks are going.....potential other ideas could be good too. It's disney, no matter what you do, it will be special

If you hired an outside photographer they could potentially be either in the front or the back of your boat on LWTL. Also just because Garden Grill isn’t fancy doesn’t mean it isn’t a good place for a proposal: it has personal significance to you guys which is better than an anonymous “fancy” restaurant that doesn’t have any special meaning to you.

It's not near the house necessarily, but maybe book the "Behind the Seeds" Tour and let them know that you're planning a proposal. Then you'd actually be "on the ride" but not stuck on the boat! And who knows? If you call the enchanted extras line, they might be able to make a little extra magic for you! Luckily, time is on your side!

Unless your girlfriend wants fancy, stick to what means something to you as a couple.
A proposal should represent you as a couple, or just your girlfriend (I say, go for couple, it takes two).

You can propose at the fanciest place in the world, but if your girl doesn't like fancy, why would you? The only reason to do that if you want to impress someone else who likes fancy / thinks it has to be fancy. Your parents, her parents, her friends, your friends, for example. But in the end, it is about you two.
If you are really in doubt what she wants, try to find out. By asking her family/friends, or herself, depending on the level of surprise you want, and your ability to ask casual questions 😉

Last edited:
If you do it on the Behind the Seeds Tour, there is a lot of space inside the greenhouse for a great photo. I wonder if you could pay a photographer's way into the tour so they could take pictures? It's a pretty leisurely tour and I bet the tour guide would be accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter