• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Property north of WDW?

TrustedTraveler

Mouseketeer
There seem to be quite a few condos and apartments to the north of WDW, although not a lot of short term rentals. Can someone shed some light on the area and it's access into WDW? THANKS!

I have looked at homes in the area of Reams Rd. and Winter Garden Vineland Rd., Mabel Bridge, Summerlake, Berkshire Park and surrounding area. I like the area a lot - it is kind of "in the country" and relaxing. Because Reams Rd. is a cast member entrance there is no public entrance there to WDW- you have to continue down 535 and enter at Buena Vista Dr. by Golden Oak - or continue on to the toll road on the other side and enter Western Way near Animal Kingdom either way is about 15-20 minutes but relaxing drives none the less.

There seem to be quite a few condos and apartments to the north of WDW, although not a lot of short term rentals. Can someone shed some light on the area and it's access into WDW? THANKS!

Just saw your question. We live in that area and love it!. There are a lot of apartments and condos, but the area is not zoned for short term rentals. Some owners try to get around the rules and tell the HOA's they are having "family members" stay while they are away.

The entrance off Reams Rd. into WDW is open to the public. It is maintained by the county and therefore can't have access restricted. When you go in from Reams Rd the road circles around the MK allowing direct access to the CR and GF and connects to the main WDW road system just south of the Poly. From our house to the entrance is 3 miles and it's another 3 miles to the MK parking lot.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Just saw your question. We live in that area and love it!. There are a lot of apartments and condos, but the area is not zoned for short term rentals. Some owners try to get around the rules and tell the HOA's they are having "family members" stay while they are away.

The entrance off Reams Rd. into WDW is open to the public. It is maintained by the county and therefore can't have access restricted. When you go in from Reams Rd the road circles around the MK allowing direct access to the CR and GF and connects to the main WDW road system just south of the Poly. From our house to the entrance is 3 miles and it's another 3 miles to the MK parking lot.

Hope this answers your questions :)

I am really glad to know this!! Makes the area even more attractive to me - so glad you posted this information.:)

We have a condo there at Lakeside Village and really like the area. Lakeside does not allow short term rentals. We always use the back entrance to MK and sometimes just drive through there to see the Castle lights. The Reams rd/Winter Garden rd area is nice because its not touristy ... No attractions or hotels back there. The area is building up a lot though even in just the two years since we bought.

Liz

We hope to be back in the area the end of January and will scope out the neighborhoods and roads you pointed out. Thanks so much for taking the time to help us out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter