Proof of Time

O2BONDCL

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I wanted to see what people thought about the proof of time deadline for Dopey being at the end of September... is that usual? I'm having a hard time finding a half marathon to run in my area before then. If I want to submit a time, I will need to participate in a run out of state.

Is anyone else having issues? I'm running Dopey with friends and they said they have submitted times from marathons in October in previous years.

Does submitting a time really make a difference? This will be my first runDisney event, and am not a fast runner (currently at a 13:00ish pace).

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hello!

I wanted to see what people thought about the proof of time deadline for Dopey being at the end of September... is that usual? I'm having a hard time finding a half marathon to run in my area before then. If I want to submit a time, I will need to participate in a run out of state.

Is anyone else having issues? I'm running Dopey with friends and they said they have submitted times from marathons in October in previous years.

Does submitting a time really make a difference? This will be my first runDisney event, and am not a fast runner (currently at a 13:00ish pace).

Thanks for your help and advice!
You don’t need proof of time at your speed, just enter your expected pace/mile, in your case 12:01-14:00. It’s only the really fast people who need to submit proof of time so they can be correctly placed in an earlier start group and not have to dodge around not-fast folks like us 😁

You don’t need proof of time at your speed, just enter your expected pace/mile, in your case 12:01-14:00. It’s only the really fast people who need to submit proof of time so they can be correctly placed in an earlier start group and not have to dodge around not-fast folks like us 😁
Thanks!

I wanted to echo what @Naomeri told you. Moreover, I was in your boat last year when I signed up for the marathon to check off a bucket list item and first learned about POT. I ran in a local HM, but my time wasn't fast enough to warrant submitting a POT. I was frankly a little concerned about what my experience might be in the middle of the pack. However, I had the best time running in my life. I obviously don't know where your interests lie, but I was greatly interested in taking pictures with the characters. The lines for pictures aren't actually as long as they seem (it goes by rather quickly) and I don't think that I waited for more than a minute past the halfway point. Wherever you start, I am certain that you will have a great time come January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!