Promenade room

MeeskaMooskaMickey

Mouseketeer
We've booked a promenade view room in Navigator, on floor 6 just one up from the promenade. We weren't particularly bothered about having the view but have booked this one as it's the nearest and cheapest room now available to others in our group. I'm now a bit worried about noise. It's right near a pub and opposite a wine bar. Will it be really noisy until late at night?

I chatted with people with those rooms on Freedom, and my cousin had one in Indy. Cousin heard nothing. Some on Freedom heard things while others didn't.

Main advice is to close those curtains when you're changing!!!!!!

We had a promenade room on Freedom; deck 8, so a bit higher. The only time we heard noise off the promenade was during a party, and that was over by 10 pm. I don't think it would be significantly different from deck 8 to deck 6.

Spinning off bumbershoot's comments - definitely close the curtains when changing. My college-age kids initially felt it was a little weird that the stateroom from across the promenade could see directly into their room, so they closed their curtains. Whether you leave them open or closed, having the extra space with the seating bench is nice.

Had Promenade on Freedom, 7th deck. We had no issues with noise. Only time we could really hear was the parade/party ... and we were sitting on the bench watching it one time, and down there the other time. I'm a light sleeper and I wouldn't hesitate to book again. Actually are looking at Freedom for next year and while we want balcony, DD may book the Promenade again. Loved the price vs a non-window inside room.

We had one on Allure so different ship, but we loved it. Could people watch if in the room and waiting for rest of family to get ready. It was nice having the extra sofa seat there too. One our 7 day cruise we had one night only where it was loud due to some activity going on, but it didn't last long or go late. We for sure book a promenade room again.

I've just seen your replies and am very reassured! A bit of noise from parades etc will be fine - we were mainly worried about noise going on until the early hours but that doesn't sound like a problem at all. My daughter will love to sit at the window and people watch. The comments with regards to shutting the curtains have been particularly noted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter