Projections on small world Holiday

ScooterL

DIS Veteran
We were at Disneyland on Friday evening (when it was soooo crowded!). We were over by "small world" around 8:10, when suddenly all of the lights went off and they started playing a medley of music from The Nutcracker Suite. While the music was playing a series of projections was displayed on the small world facade. It was really cool! Does anyone know if this is something they do regularly in the evenings, or was it just a "rehearsal" for the Believe fireworks (which started that night)? I'd really liked to see it again.

Thanks!

From what I could gather, the projections are done approximately every 15 minutes. We were waiting in line for IASW when it showed, then rode the ride, and as we exited, another show went on. I'll see into confirming with a CM.

It's something they started doing last year. They installed projectors around IASW last year for the Remember fireworks and utilized them for the projections they do every 15 minutes (right after the IASW clock does it's thing) during Christmas. So--once IASW is lit, you'll see those every 15 minutes.

iceskatejen said:
It's something they started doing last year. They installed projectors around IASW last year for the Remember fireworks and utilized them for the projections they do every 15 minutes (right after the IASW clock does it's thing) during Christmas. So--once IASW is lit, you'll see those every 15 minutes.

yay something new to see....only 10 more days :banana:

Do they do different projections each time, or is it always the same? Is there different music? I love stuff like that - when we go to WDW during the holidays we always sit in Epcot and watch the Lights of Winter for 15-20 minutes. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter