Progressive dinner

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
DH and I would like to try a progressive dinner (soup here, salad there, entree and dessert all at different restaurants). Has anyone ever tried this? Need some recommendations and logistical tips on how it could work - with and without a car.

you have a few choices depending on what you're looking to eat
you can do the monorail resorts, the Boardwalk area, or Downtown Disney
all would not require very much transportation between each restaurant; you can walk between the Boardwalk area resorts as well as the Downtown Disney restaurants, and you can monorail around the others!

with some careful planning.

We do this occasionally here in our city and it's a lot of fun.

I would say print out the menu's from all the restaurants you might be interested in and then choose what you would eat at each place. Now see if you can work out the transport and such in a reasonable way.

I would say California Grill is out because their menu changes so frequently so it would be hard to include that unless you are truly adventurous eaters. If you are, I would do it as your salad course or your main course.

Have fun! It's challenging and fun! I'll warn you that we almost always plan badly and are too full for dessert! Because of this we now eat dessert first!

;)

Oh what a great idea! I never would have thought of doing this, but now you have me thinking...

You have received a couple of great suggestions already. It makes a lot of sense to plan to cut down on travel. If I was going to do this, I would be sample resort restaurants on the monorail loop. You wouldn't need your car then. How about appetizers and/or salads at the CG, then a main course at the GF (Narcoosee's or Citrico's) and dessert at Kona in the Poly? Of course you could flip these three around in any order; they all have great food!

Please let us know what you decide to do, and how your experience goes.

I love the concept, but I think the time consumed from traveling from one restaurant to the next, then waiting to be seated, to dine, and to check out, could be loooooooooooong. :confused:

We're planning to do this for my upcoming Birthday dinner. We're going with the Seven Seas resort restaurants.
Our only problem is the logistics of including Artist Point in there - being off the monorail loop makes it just a tad more time consuming - Pairing it with CG at the CR gives us the Launch, tho - so it shouldn't be too bad....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter