Probably silly question about towels

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
Hello DVC owners! We are renting points for 3 nights at AKL in November (CRAZY CRAZY EXCITED!!!!) :woohoo: and I know we do not get housekeeping, which is just fine by me! But, is it ok to call for more towels when we need them or is that a no-no? Also, calling for room service is ok as well? Are there any other things to remember that are different or things we should not do?

Just don't want to do anything that is not acceptable when renting! Thanks! :goodvibes

Fyi:
pay as you play
with pay as you play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:
  • toiletries package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • coffee package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • towel package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • laundry detergent (only in one-, two-, and three-bedroom vacation homes), $1.00 - 1 box
additional full - cleaning rates:
  • studio/inn room - $30.00 per day requested
  • one-bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
  • two-bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
  • three-bedroom - $75.00 per day requested
additional trash & towel rates:
  • studio/inn room - $15.00 per day requested
  • one-bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
  • two-bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
  • three-bedroom - $35.00 per day requested
room change fees:
Room change fee will apply for member requested room changes after check-in for a different view or room location.
  • deluxe studio - $30
  • one-bedroom villa - $45
  • two-bedroom villa - $60
  • three-bedroom grand villa - $75
note: Rates are subject to change

You will be given enough towels for the number of people on your reservation, when I travel solo, there are enough there for 2 people. I don't think you will need more towels after only a 3 night stay. You will not need towels from your room for the pool, there are towels there to use.
There is room service so no worries there.

You get as many towels as sleeping spaces. So if you have a one bedroom or studio, you'll get four bath towels.

If you need more, you pay for them or bring some from home.

DVC is a timeshare and members pay for everything. Nothing is free.

We've had 5 people in a 2 BR and we had towels for four in each of the three bathrooms at AKV. Same with a 1BR at BLT when it was only the two of us on the reservation.

As a renter, you will not want to ask about any upgrades when you check in. If one is available, they will charge the owner the additional points.

As a renter, you will not want to ask about any upgrades when you check in. If one is available, they will charge the owner the additional points.

Yes, I was aware of this and no need as we paid for exactly what we wanted (Savanna view). Thank you for the info on the towels, I just wanted to make sure I didn't ask for anything that I shouldn't.

I will say that it seems like Disney nickles & dimes DVC owners. It seems to me like they should be catering to you instead. :confused3

I will say that it seems like Disney nickles & dimes DVC owners. It seems to me like they should be catering to you instead. :confused3

DVC is no different than traditional timeshares when it comes to cleaning and other services during your stay.

Yes, I was aware of this and no need as we paid for exactly what we wanted (Savanna view). Thank you for the info on the towels, I just wanted to make sure I didn't ask for anything that I shouldn't.

When we were in a studio, we paid for the $6 extra towel pack and I have to say, it was worth it so that each of us (there were 4) had two towels each for the three nights. Gave them plenty of time to dry in between use.

Just called housekeeping and they brought them up.

DVC is no different than traditional timeshares when it comes to cleaning and other services during your stay.

I guess you are right, I hope it didn't sound offensive, I only meant that for what you DVC owners put into it, I would expect them to give you guys perks or at least special treatment! ;)

When we were in a studio, we paid for the $6 extra towel pack and I have to say, it was worth it so that each of us (there were 4) had two towels each for the three nights. Gave them plenty of time to dry in between use.

Just called housekeeping and they brought them up.

I'll do that if needed, thanks! It's just my husband and I, so maybe for 3 nights we can just hang the towels and reuse. :)

The fact that you realize there many be issues you are not aware of and ask, puts you way ahead of most non owners and many owners as well. Kudos.

Members get what they pay for, most timeshare with W/D do not exchange towels (some do) but most provide some type of W/D option usually in the room but on property as a minimum (studios). But each are different in the way they approach it, it's good to know where you stand and what you do and do not get. You should have 4 towels, I'd think that should be enough for 3 nights for most people but $6 for a towel pack is not that big of a deal. Enjoy AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter