Proactiv vs. Neutrogena

DisneyFix321

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious how Proactiv compares to Neutrogena's 3 step system. I've seen commercials on Neutrogena's new 3 step system which seems very similar to Proactiv's? Can anyone that has tried Proactiv & Neutrogena tell me which is better or if they are basically the same. I'm tempted to try Neutrogena only because it's a lot cheaper than Proactiv.

Thanks!

I've never used Proactiv, so I can't speak for that brand..but I did use Neutrogena and loved it! I was thrilled with the result.

I haven't tried Neutrogena, but I have used Acne Free, which is basically the same thing as Proactiv but I can buy it just about anywhere and it is cheaper.

My daughters and I used Acne Free from Walmart and it didn't work at all.

We switched to Proactiv and it worked very well but I was hoping it could do a bit better for my one daughter. So we all just switched to the MAXIMUM STRENGTH Proactiv and absolutely LOVE IT!!! Our skin has never looked better! It is the same price, and we actually have gotten free bonus refining masks included in our kits.

What I love best about Proactiv, is that you can choose WHEN you want it shipped. It took a while to figure out how often we needed it, but I love having the flexibility to change my order delivery at anytime. We now get 2 kits every 12 weeks.

I have used AcneFree for about 3 years now. I have had light to moderate adult acne since I was in my late 20's. Nothing seemed to work for long- either too drying, too complicated, too expensive, or not strong enough. I decided to try AcneFree when ProActiv was popular- I wasn't really excited about the cost of ProActiv. I have had really good, long-term results with AcneFree. My extremely oily skin has become more manageable, and I am down to only 1 or 2 zits a month- usually around "that time of the month". I do now use an oil free moisturizer every day, since my skin has dried out. Before, I would never have been able to use any type of moisturizer- I'd look like a shiny, pimply mess if I tried.

Proactiv worked well for my fiance, but eventually his mom stopped paying for it (haha) and so he stopped using it. I convinced him to try the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for acne and his skin has improved a lot. It's not as good as it was when he was using the Proactiv, but for $5 a container, it has helped a lot.

My daughters and I used Acne Free from Walmart and it didn't work at all.

We switched to Proactiv and it worked very well but I was hoping it could do a bit better for my one daughter. So we all just switched to the MAXIMUM STRENGTH Proactiv and absolutely LOVE IT!!! Our skin has never looked better! It is the same price, and we actually have gotten free bonus refining masks included in our kits.

What I love best about Proactiv, is that you can choose WHEN you want it shipped. It took a while to figure out how often we needed it, but I love having the flexibility to change my order delivery at anytime. We now get 2 kits every 12 weeks.

I've never seen Maximum Strength Proactiv? Hmmm. I will have to check that one out online. I just wish Proactiv wasn't so pricey.

Is Acne Free the brand Walmart sells? How did that work for you?

Walmart sells it but you can also get it at Target, the grocery store, Costco, etc. You can also just buy the Acne Free cleanser without getting the entire package. (Proactiv works fine, too, but it is a hassle to get without running to the mall or ordering it.) I only really use the cleanser on a regular basis anyway. I don't have major problems but I did notice a difference right away when I started using it.

Proactiv really made my skin worse..

But, I love Neutrogena! All of their products are fantastic!

My DD got stuck in the ProActiv "scam" in 2007 and not only did the product not work, they continued to bill us months after we properly cancelled the mail orders. :headache: I had to write a lstrongly worded letter to the corporation's collection agency demanding they cease and desist from further collection activity as they were sending threatening letters for invoices that were phantom. Guess what, they stopped. Our dermatologist told DD that stuff was nonsense and he got her on a regime that was 100% successful. I'm happy for those who see great results (because everyone is different), but beware when you want to stop the orders. At least buying retail you have control over the costs and cancellation process.

They also sell Proactiv at kiosks in the shopping mall. If you are worried about mail delivery orders, you can always try that route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter