Princess Storybook Dining - Restaurant Akershus compared to Crystal Palace?

myjourney

DIS Veteran
Anyone been to Princess Storybook Dining - Restaurant Akershus that can tell me what the food is like and how they compare it to Crystal Palace?

My kids are much more into princesses than Pooh so just based on the characters, we prefer Akershus.

The food at Crystal Palace is much more "American" standard fare. You are going to find foods that everybody in the family will recognize and chances are you'll find something for even the pickiest of eaters. We weren't overly impressed with Crystal Palace's food. It was nice but it wasn't great. The food at Akershus is more adventurous. The appetizer bar kind of an antipasta bar with meats, cheeses and olives (if I remember correctly). My youngest is a fussy eater but she had plenty to eat and enjoyed her meal. We all thought our meals were delicious. Crystal Palace is all you can eat and Akershus is a fixed meal but you can eat all you want from the appetizer bar. Akershus also includes a portrait with a princess.

I'm considering an ADR at Akershus for our next trip. Crystal Palace isn't on my list for consideration.

We did lunch at the Akershus two years ago and were not impressed. The cold food was fine, but the entrees were only fair. I had their traditional meal which is like American meat loaf and it was very bland; DH had the braised lamb and it was like they poured a container of salt on it or something--it was horrible. We weren't impressed with the desserts either. We have only done Crystal Palace for breakfast and we love it and it is a must do every trip for us. We don't do lunch or dinner buffets (with the exception of Biergarten) after two horrible experiences at Hollywodo & Vine and an only so-so last visit to Chef Mickey's. If you want to do Akershus, I would do breakfast.

We have done Akershus 3 times. Once for breakfast, once for dinner, and once for breakfast again. The 1st breakfast, back in 2007, was great! The dinner, not so great. Really did not care at all for the food selection.

We were just there again in June for breakfast, and were very disappointed. For the cost of the meal, it, well, left a bit to be desired. They served eggs, bacon sausage etc. family style, and had a buffet line for fruit, pastries etc. I could swear the stuff on the buffet line was straight out of a box, very unlike 3 years ago when we last attended.

For what they charge for this, I just don't feel it's worth it any more. We much prefer Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, or even Ohana for breakfast at least. The dinner food, well, I guess if you like that sort of thing it is fine, but we did not care for it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter