Princess Power - September 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

Oh I can I get some tips on food items worth the calories!

Everything we had was very good but the standouts to me were Black Pepper Shrimp with garlic noodles in China, Grilled Beef Skewer in Patagonia, Frozen Szarlotka ( it was an Apple pie cocktail) in Poland and The Cannoli in Italy

I have been so hit-and-miss this week as I've been dealing with Air Canada's terrible customer experience for the last 5 days. After getting delayed, then bumped from flights home due to two plane malfunctions, we had to spend an extra night in Toronto after the RNR Montreal race without any change of clothes. Yes, Air Canada has lost our bag and cannot figure out where it is... and it had all of our running gear in it. So we're presently scrambling to get replacements for the RNR San Jose race this weekend. :confused3 (Yes, this included shoes, fuel belts, running watch, etc).

The race itself was great, so I was able to score a PR on the course! Yes! Half Marathon time: 3:08!

Awww man I cannot imagine losing all those things! I hope they are able to find it for you in time. Congrats on your PR!!!

Awww man I cannot imagine losing all those things! I hope they are able to find it for you in time. Congrats on your PR!!!

Thank you! It was such a great course and experience - felt really good to run and shave off more than four minutes from my time.

I heard San Jose is a flat, fast course. i don't have high expectation for this weekend due to our scrambles, but I'm just going to enjoy the beautiful scenery and moments on the course. :)

I am not sure of the details, but is there any alternative work you can look into? Sometimes we convince ourselves we need this job and there isn't any better and we need to make it work and we don't at all give a chance to opportunities to come our way

Hope you feel better today

Thanks for the encouragement. Actually it involves my job changing. I was forced to make a choice I didn't want to make. But the choice is made now. The change will happen 11/1 and I am starting to adjust my mindset.

What I'm going to let go of: Im not sure. My goals were running and logging related. Running went well. The food logging fell short the last two weeks. That was mainly because of stress. So I guess I should let go of the stress! What will I hold onto: my commitment to my running! This went great this month and I need to hold on to it next month too!

I have not seen the new Frozen musical at DL yet but I might on our trip in November.

No snow here! I hate the cold. I hate being wet. So I basically I hate snow lol. I am a summer girl. Give me sunshine and warm temps!

Last edited:
If I say "MY LUGGAGE", would this work for both answers? :rotfl:

I have been so hit-and-miss this week as I've been dealing with Air Canada's terrible customer experience for the last 5 days. After getting delayed, then bumped from flights home due to two plane malfunctions, we had to spend an extra night in Toronto after the RNR Montreal race without any change of clothes. Yes, Air Canada has lost our bag and cannot figure out where it is... and it had all of our running gear in it. So we're presently scrambling to get replacements for the RNR San Jose race this weekend. :confused3 (Yes, this included shoes, fuel belts, running watch, etc).

The race itself was great, so I was able to score a PR on the course! Yes! Half Marathon time: 3:08!

So, I would really like to hold on to my luggage, even though Air Canada took it away from me!

Fantastic result but this must have been really stresful. I had to fly to Italy for a wedding, arrived pm and wedding next day lunch time no time for shopping and my bag with the dress I was planning to wear was lost! I lost it at the airport, and luckily they found way to get the luggage and deliver it to me on time but running IS WAY worse as you want to run with the things you know you are comfortable with! 3:08 is great result - well done.

QOTD: Not really sure. Maybe I need to let go of walking. But I am so scared of how this will mean that I will gain weight. How can I burn enough calories if I cannot walk. It has become so much part of my lifestyle. But my foot is giving me trouble again and I really do not know what to do... I will give it until next week to behave and if it does not, I need to see my doctor. But I am expecting that what I am going to be told is that I need to walk less. The beauty of walking is that it can be fitted so easily into my daily life. I am really bad at exercising when I need to make a whole production about it. And no walking also means no running and that I even like more than walking.

Sorry for being so negative. I am just a bit frustrated there. Also had too much to eat today and normally would just go out for a walk, but that does not make sense right now with the hurting foot. I guess at least I should do my PT exercises to help the foot heal.

My woohoo moment for the day:

We just got our teacher id's for this year. What a difference a year makes!

beforeandafter.jpg

beforeandafter.jpg

That's amazing !!!!

I missed WooHoo Wednesday - but am happy to report that I've lost 16.9 pounds in September - yes, it's a scale-victory, I'm very proud that I've stuck to the tracking, walking, 100% water plan for September.

I'm not really planning on 'letting go' of anything in October - need to stick with it; I will likely let go of some of the guilt if I eat a couple of my exercise calories back - loss has to be sustainable.

beforeandafter.jpg

Wow, it looks like the old pictures went through some kind of morph program to stretch you out! What an achievement!! I was going to ask you about a before and after pictures when you said that you are going to drop the weight loss goals and there it is.

Ok, I am feeling better now. Did one of my Jillian Michaels DVD workouts. That improved my mood a lot. Still am only at 8.000 steps for the day. But at least I was active, got my heart rate going. I think I need to focus on those as well as biking to work over the next weeks. And maybe if I walk less, I can also eat less. We will see. I find eating less than 1500 kcal really hard. But as @HappyGrape keeps telling us: you need to stay happy while losing weight. So, I will reevaluate my goals and see where it will take me.

I also think I ought to add some yoga into the mix of what I am doing. Does anyone have any suggestions for any good yoga videos or so for someone who has no clue about yoga???

Ok, I am feeling better now. Did one of my Jillian Michaels DVD workouts. That improved my mood a lot. Still am only at 8.000 steps for the day. But at least I was active, got my heart rate going. I think I need to focus on those as well as biking to work over the next weeks. And maybe if I walk less, I can also eat less. We will see. I find eating less than 1500 kcal really hard. But as @HappyGrape keeps telling us: you need to stay happy while losing weight. So, I will reevaluate my goals and see where it will take me.

I also think I ought to add some yoga into the mix of what I am doing. Does anyone have any suggestions for any good yoga videos or so for someone who has no clue about yoga???

@courtneybeth recommended a youtube channel for beginner yoga videos to me and I don't remember the name of it now but hopefully for both of our sakes she'll come along and post it here! Haha

oes anyone have any suggestions for any good yoga videos or so for someone who has no clue about yoga???

@courtneybeth recommended a youtube channel for beginner yoga videos to me and I don't remember the name of it now but hopefully for both of our sakes she'll come along and post it here! Haha

Ask and ye shall receive. It's called "YOGA WITH ADIRENE" - http://tinyurl.com/o37vpmu
She puts playlists together that makes sense - you'll never be bored with all of the choices.

Edit: i had to use TinyURL since youtube urls are automatically changed into a video player on these boards. Weird.

Wow, it looks like the old pictures went through some kind of morph program to stretch you out! What an achievement!! I was going to ask you about a before and after pictures when you said that you are going to drop the weight loss goals and there it is.

The funny thing is, I thought last year's picture was a pretty good one of me. I have a couple from prior years where I think I look much heavier. I never liked this one:

beforeandafter2.jpg

The funny thing is, I thought last year's picture was a pretty good one of me. I have a couple from prior years where I think I look much heavier. I never liked this one:

beforeandafter2.jpg

Yes, there it looks like you are only half of what you were in 13/14...

I also realized that you have a new avatar. Is this you as a coach?

Ask and ye shall receive. It's called "YOGA WITH ADIRENE" - http://tinyurl.com/o37vpmu
She puts playlists together that makes sense - you'll never be bored with all of the choices.

Edit: i had to use TinyURL since youtube urls are automatically changed into a video player on these boards. Weird.

looks good, many nights I can't go to the gym when DH is away - I will give her videos a go

But they were SWEET and I LOVE meeting new characters I've never met before!!

I thought they did a really good meet and greet :-) We ended up having to do it twice as DD walked out the first time and realised she forgot to get her autograph book signed :rolleyes1 So back we went the next day to line up another fast pass :-)

Hey all, look at me, on here TWO days in a row!! But alas, my busy life just got slightly busier! My WW boss has asked me to sub a Thursday evening meeting about 40 minutes away (ironically right down the road from DS's college) for the next several weeks. Not sure exactly what "several week" means. I PRAY it won't go into the holidays. If they don't have a replacement by Halloween I will start squeaking and squawking. The GOOD thing about being a WW sub is that I get paid for my travel time and mileage.... but the lousy thing is that I probably won't get home most Thursdays until at least 6:30pm, but possibly later. The other GOOD thing is that I can arrange to see DS and maybe grab dinner with him if I am feeling so inclined! Since DH is out of town today and tonight, I think I am feeling inclined tonight!

Woohoo for 2 days in a row :woohoo: Well the extra $$ will be good leading into the holiday period and best of all some time with your DS!

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but I decided to do something FUN to in honor of October being Breast Cancer awareness month. My mom and one of my SILs is a BC survivor, as are two co-workers.... so in honor of these wonderful ladies and everyone fighting the BC battle, I am committing to wear PINK every single day in October (and post a picture on FB and Instagram at least once a week)! Now.... since pink is my favorite color, it probably doesn't seem like it will be much of a stretch.... but even I don't have THAT MANY pink pieces in my wardrobe! I meant to take the time last night to start putting some pink outfits together, but by the time my online shift was done, etc, it was bedtime.... but I'm hoping to do it tonight. Some days (like weekends) it may just be my sneakers with hot pink laces or a piece of pink jewelry.... and other days it will be full-on pink, top to bottom! Some days it will be hot pink and other days baby pink.... but I cannot wait to get started! The only drawback is that I have several really nice fall colored pieces that do NOT go with pink at all.... so I've been trying to wear them this week or I'll have to save those for November!

This is a great idea - I just found out one of my daughters friend's mum's has breast cancer - and last night one of my other friends lost her sister-in-law to cancer, I am not positive which one - but still she had 2 boys around the age of my kids - I just don't even want to imagine.

I'm going to let go the singular focus on weight loss. I haven't lost a thing over the last week and I've been doing the same thing I've been doing over the last 9 months. I think I'm at the point now where I need to stop worrying about the scale. I've passed where I was hoping to get to - now it's time to move on. An exercise goal will be the goal going forward. If I continue to lose here and there, great. I'll probably continue to weigh-in every day, but more just to make sure I'm not treanding up... not to hope for the downward trend. This is going to be strange.

Hope the adjustment goes smoothly :thumbsup2

Let's see what can I let go? It has been a rough month. Lots of stress from every direction. I think this exhausted me and I got lazy and didn't work out at all. I think I need to let go of the things I can't control and not let the little things get to me so much. One of the situations with my son's school was resolved on his own but I am still frustrated that I couldn't get an email back from the school. This frustration is something I need to let go.

Being a fierce mamma bear is exhausting! Hope you rest up and feel better.

I have also been stressed with my daughter. I was hoping that through the vision therapy that she would be so clingy to me. The opposite has happened. She has now been trying to sneak in bed with me in the middle of the night. She has never done this before. She never slept in our bed as a baby. This is something out of my control. All I cam do is be there for her and try not to get mad when I just need time away for a few minutes.

Aww - she must need some extra comfort at the moment - as there is only me in the bed this doesn't worry me - I figure they come in for a reason and they will stop all too soon and outgrow it anyway. But you definitely need a good nights sleep :hug:

Thanks - I'm not going anywhere. You gals are stuck with me. Sorry!

Lol - I figure if you can stick with us through Princess month you are solid :rotfl:

Belated Woohoos over here: I meant to check in yesterday when I was at the airport, but I was running late--oops! Anyway, woohooing a wonderful day trip to NYC yesterday. It filled my soul with the the theater love that has been missing. That's my passion and I have let it die down as I live in my real world. It was so nice to get back to my love for just a day. Oh and seeing my favorite show was a dream. I'm still high on all of that!

Another HUGE woohoo is that my best friend who I haven't seen in a year is going to Disney in two weeks and wants to meet up! Soooo excited! (I'm also twitching though because she didn't plan this 2 months in advance and so I have no idea how to make these plans on short notice... but.....) It will so fun to see her and her DH and do Food & Wine with them!!!

Ooh lots of feel good things happening for you :D

Well, last week the doctor told me to "let go" of chocolate

:scared1: whoa my worst nightmare right there :rotfl:

caffeine, and alcohol until we figure out my health, so I have a feeling I'm going to loose more weight next month than I did this month. Not that I am heavy on the chocolate and caffeine, but I do have wine and cocktails weekly. That wasn't something I wanted to give up before, but now I have to. But I think I will be pleased with the repercussions, both health and weight related. Everything else this month wasn't so good, so I am not holding on to anything other than trying to stay positive!

But seriously good luck and I hope the health benefits show up :banana:

What do I need to let go of.... food. Well, how about at least sugar, gluten and dairy? I went grocery shopping last night to stock up on things for a period of elimination, but by the time I got home it was late and I was worn out, and so didn't get anything put together: I'll be starting tomorrow. I also put my thyroid meds in the bathroom, so they are right there when I'm getting ready and thinking about them, and it worked. Thanks all for the advice!

Good luck with the elimination diet and remembering to take your meds :thumbsup2

Then about 3/4 of the way thru the film I reached up to adjust the 3D glasses and realized one of the lenses had fallen out

:rotfl: I can just picture you sitting there in one lense.

Fortunately the Dad seated behind me knew every word in every one!

Gotta love a good Disney Dad :thumbsup2

If I say "MY LUGGAGE", would this work for both answers? :rotfl:

So, I would really like to hold on to my luggage, even though Air Canada took it away from me!

Firstly :cheer2::cheer2: for your run outcome! Looks like that cooler weather worked for you :thumbsup2
Secondly boo to losing your luggage and your race gear - I hope A- they find it in time or B you can find new race gear you are happy with.

I am going to let go of weight loss as my priority fitness goal. I recently found someone to do a custom training plan for my runs and while in the process of putting it together I am realized I am not taking in nearly enough protein. I hope upping my protein will not only help my running but other things I am struggling with as well. I am going to hold on to you guys because this thread always pushes me to do better!

I hope your new training and diet plan works for you. I read an article recently where a big change in shifting your mind from weight loss/exercise to being an athlete in training can make a difference.

Actually it involves my job changing. I was forced to make a choice I didn't want to make. But the choice is made now. The change will happen 11/1 and I am starting to adjust my mindset.

I hope it works out okay in the end :hug:

What I'm going to let go of: Im not sure. My goals were running and logging related. Running went well. The food logging fell short the last two weeks. That was mainly because of stress. So I guess I should let go of the stress! What will I hold onto: my commitment to my running! This went great this month and I need to hold on to it next month too!

Yes try to let go of that stress! - always easier said than done though :goodvibes

QOTD: Not really sure. Maybe I need to let go of walking. But I am so scared of how this will mean that I will gain weight. How can I burn enough calories if I cannot walk. It has become so much part of my lifestyle. But my foot is giving me trouble again and I really do not know what to do... I will give it until next week to behave and if it does not, I need to see my doctor. But I am expecting that what I am going to be told is that I need to walk less. The beauty of walking is that it can be fitted so easily into my daily life. I am really bad at exercising when I need to make a whole production about it. And no walking also means no running and that I even like more than walking.

Sorry for being so negative. I am just a bit frustrated there. Also had too much to eat today and normally would just go out for a walk, but that does not make sense right now with the hurting foot. I guess at least I should do my PT exercises to help the foot heal.

:hug: - I was ready for a pep talk but then I saw you turned it around already :cheer2:

This is just amazing! There is all your hard work right in front of you - I am so happy to have been along for the ride/chat while you have achieved it :banana:party:

It is hard starting a different type of exercise - especially when the reason for change is out of your control :hug:

QOTD: What are you going to 'let go' as we leave September? Also, what worked that you would like to 'hold on' to?

Bonus Question: Has anyone seen the new Frozen musical yet (I'm not sure if it is both parks or just DL)?

Extra Bonus: Does it snow where you live? Do you embrace the snow like Elsa or do you wish for sunshine like Olaf?

I am getting further along with letting go of the past and focusing on the future and I want to continue to do that. I need to let go of the fact that I haven't done as well as I wanted to with my goals the last couple of months and just refocus and start over.

I haven't seen it too far lol - I suspect that by them time I make it back there will be something else on :rotfl:

It does not snow where I am - I have never been to the snow yet. I kind of have that fairytale view of it - but I think I will hate the extreme cold that goes with it. But I really want to make a snow man one day!

I went to the Doctors yesterday - I am going to have a regular monthly appointment there for weigh ins and check ins about how the weight loss is going - hopefully this will make me more accountable. She checked my blood pressure it is still up a bit - I think I need to focus on the idea of needing to do this for my overall health rather than just weight loss. She gave me referrals for a different dietician and exercise PT so hopefully I can get more out of/make better use of it this time around. I am tempted to try and not weigh myself at home at the moment and just go by the doctors scales as mine were showing in the 92kgs but the doctors showed 90kg! Mine is a new WW scale but clearly its not working so good. So according to the Drs records I have lost 3kg since they last weighed me in April! I don't really feel it - but I don't want to experience the ups and downs of false scale numbers either!

Have a great day everyone - I am off to the movies AGAIN today - with mum, and the 2 boys - we are going to see The Magnificent Seven - mum is already saying it won't be as good as the original but she still wants to see it - last night I didn't have any movie food - just had a small burrito for dinner at the Mexican place nearby and then had water to drink in the movie. Not sure if I will be that strong today popcorn:::wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter