Princess Breakfast at the Auberge - 1JUL19

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
I’m not a fan of character meals. Usually they are extremely over priced (especially at DLP), the rooms are way too crowded and loud. Tables cramped together, princesses can’t get through, always dozens of people in the background… On top of that, I am not a fan to sacrifice precious park time to a sit down breakfast, when I can also grab a muffin on the go and run around the park.

However… 4 days before my trip, I got an e-mail from DLP, usually their e-mail targetting is very bad and they send useless e-mails with information I already know or have registered for already. But this time, everything came together.

The princess breakfast is now out of testing and a permanent addition to the park, only not a lot of people know about it. So this e-mail referenced my upcoming stay, the princess breakfast, seats available and that I can get a discount with my AP. Instead of 49 euro, it was 41 euro.

We had decided to take things slow this visit, only focussing on the summer season shows, we thought: why not? The reviews were good, the food seemed interesting and we would see three princesses in one hour, and with the limit capacity at the princess pavilion it seemed like a good deal.

And it sure was! I was really happy with what we got, the value for money was amazing. :) So here’s a little review of my breakfast adventure.

There are 2 seatings: 8:15 and 9:45. We decided to go for the second seating as we could use the first hour to make use of the EMH. We met with Snow White at the Pavillion (quite busy), rode Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain and then made our way over to the Auberge.

We were seated almost immediately and the restaurant was basically empty. I think there were only 10 tables reserved, one party arrived late and another didn’t even show up! That’s about 1 princess per 3 tables! That will probably change in the future, but for us it was a great experience. We were seated near the exit, and there were only empty tables near us, so we had space to move around and get some great pictures.

Back tot e beginning, we were seated and we already had the pastries on the table, there were 4 different pastries per person, with nutella, jams, butter etc.

FB_IMG_1693730107779.jpg

We got a menu, but that’s more to read what you are going to get. There is no choice.
After getting our juice and coffee, we were served with a plate of hot food, a Mickey waffle, scrambled eggs, 3 veal & chicken sausages, potatoes and mushrooms, plus 1 baby tomato and 1 asparagus.

FB_IMG_1693730110644.jpg

We also received 5 shot glasses each with:
- crunchy vegetables (cucumber, tomato, olives, onions)
- salmon
- oats topped with apple
- fruit salad
- Fromage blanc (not sure if this how you call it in English)

FB_IMG_1693730114323.jpg

Everything tasted really well, the eggs could use some salt, but that’s my preference. There was no salt on the table, but was delivered when I asked. My friend wasn’t fond of the oats, and I didn’t like the vegetables, so we swapped these glasses. The hot dish was nice, I liked the sausages, they had a nice taste to them.

Also upon request, you get cereals, they had a selection of different brands in a basket. You get a bowl, pick your cereal and they come by with milk. The children (at the table next to us) got the Mickey waffle, a smaller portion of scrambled eggs and one or two sausages. They also got 3 shot glasses with fruit salad, fromage blanc with coulis and fruit puree (looked like apple sauce).

Then the princesses, we had a classic selection: Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora (yes, it was a different girl than the one in the Pavillion ;-) ). First was Cinderella, and she was one of the best interactions we ever had. She came to our table, and we were occupying a table for four with only two people. She came by and said: “Can I sit down?” and before we realized what was going on, she had sat herself down at our table and stayed there for quite a while. I think at least five full minutes. We had a long conversation about making breakfast, cleaning, and shoes. She mentioned several times Snow’s shoes were more comfortable. It was hilarious.

FB_IMG_1693730237214.jpg

Then came Aurora, as my friend is a big Sleeping Beauty fan we spent quite some time with her as well, my friend brought a little plushie of the owl from Sleeping Beauty, Aurora was delighted by this

2d7xcno.jpg

And while Aurora was at our table, Snow White started to linger in our area, waiting for Aurora to be done. Snow White also was very chatty and just a really great meet. And then they had seen all the guests, but apparently they weren’t allowed to go backstage. They had to stay in the restaurant and just kept walking, either talking to each other, to the CMs. Snow White asked her handler if they could make an exception to have guests take pictures of more than 1 princess together, but unfortunately it was denied.

1y7m1l.jpg

bgnxio.jpg

Bottom line: Value for money, we estimated that the food alone would be charged 30-40 euro in a restaurant, and on top of that, it was unlimited orange juice, apple juice, tea and coffee. So that alone makes it worth it. Combine it with excellent character interaction and an extremely quiet restaurant. This was a hit! :D

Last edited:
Pleased you enjoyed it! We loved it in our February trip - I'm glad it's going to be a permanent feature.

I re-did the princess breakfast last week. There were 3 shot glasses instead of 5, but as it is a lot of food, I wasn't too sorry. This time the restaurant was full, so service was a little slow. Getting a glass of water took a long time. I asked one CM, she forgot

To get my glass of water, I asked another CM. Who appeared to be the character handler. So... he was of no help. Which i get, it is not his job to get me the glass of water. However, I do think he could be of help to flag down someone for me, as I had no luck.

Again 3 princesses, Cinderella, Snow white and Jasmine. All good interactions. With a full restaurant, we couldn't count on as much attention as last time ;) but that was not expected.

With a full restaurant, it can take a while between princesses, so young children might get restless.

Overall good experience, still great value for money, and I like the 9.45 seating. You can use the first 1.5 hour for doing some rides and then go to the restaurant.

Oh, we were able to get entry to the park before EMH started. At the entrance there is a separate line for the people with a character breakfast, which start before opening (I think). When you enter the park, they only check IF you have a character meal, not at what time. The character meal icon is printed on your hotel / access card.

Besides below there is also cereal, and they walk by with cans of coffee, tea, juice and milk.

FB_IMG_1693727862793.jpg

FB_IMG_1693727865453.jpg

FB_IMG_1693727868247.jpg

Unfortunately the princess breakfast is going to close soon at the Auberge. I assume it is going to move to the Disneyland Hotel. I hope it will stay the same value for money.

New that I compare the pictures, the hot dish is missing one sausage and a lot less potatoes. And the waffle is smaller.

Last edited:

I re-did the princess breakfast last week. There were 3 shot glasses instead of 5, but as it is a lot of food, I wasn't too sorry. This time the restaurant was full, so service was a little slow. Getting a glass of water took a long time. I asked one CM, she forgot

To get my glass of water, I asked another CM. Who appeared to be the character handler. So... he was of no help. Which i get, it is not his job to get me the glass of water. However, I do think he could be of help to flag down someone for me, as I had no luck.

Again 3 princesses, Cinderella, Snow white and Jasmine. All good interactions. With a full restaurant, we couldn't count on as much attention as last time ;) but that was not expected.

With a full restaurant, it can take a while between princesses, so young children might get restless.

Overall good experience, still great value for money, and I like the 9.45 seating. You can use the first 1.5 hour for doing some rides and then go to the restaurant.

Oh, we were able to get entry to the park before EMH started. At the entrance there is a separate line for the people with a character breakfast, which start before opening (I think). When you enter the park, they only check IF you have a character meal, not at what time. The character meal icon is printed on your hotel / access card.

Besides below there is also cereal, and they walk by with cans of coffee, tea, juice and milk.

View attachment 790563

View attachment 790564

View attachment 790565

Unfortunately the princess breakfast is going to close soon at the Auberge. I assume it is going to move to the Disneyland Hotel. I hope it will stay the same value for money.
Hi - we are going in early Dec staying at Cheyenne
2 questions : 1. Will it still be open
2. Do I have to wait for 2 month opening to book Breakfast or should I phone
TIA

Hi - we are going in early Dec staying at Cheyenne
2 questions : 1. Will it still be open
2. Do I have to wait for 2 month opening to book Breakfast or should I phone
TIA
Hi there!

1. For now, all we know is that the breakfast option is going to stop September 29th.

2. I am still not 100% sure how it works, but if you have an onsite hotel reservation, give them a call, to see if they can already include restaurant reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter