priceline?

kiki02

DIS Veteran
please tell me what to do and what not to do for price line.

first time, we want an lbv hotel for less than $50 a night? crazy? thanks

Although I don't have experience with priceline and LBV, I have used it for other areas. It really depends on how much need the hotel has to fill empty rooms. If it's a slower time of year, you have better success. What type of hotel are you thinking? If it's a 1 or 2 star hotel, I think you could get $50 or less if it's a relatively slow time of year.

Don't forget that with Priceline, the price you get does not include tax. We just came back from a trip to Busch Gardens. We got a 2.5 star hotel (Holiday Inn & Suites- they were all suites) for $55. With tax, it was $70 (I'm guessing there are some fees in there as well).

I'd suggest that you go out to the biddingfortravel website and read through Hotels posts in the FAQ section. The site's owner has done a nice job of addressing a lot of common questions there. After you've read through that section go down to the Florida-Orlando/Walt Disney World section of USA Hotels part of the site. There you'll see an Orlando Hotel List post (see the hotels listed under the Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney heading for known and assumed Priceline hotels) and dozens of threads regarding recent bids and wins.

Good Luck!

Dick Taylor

Used Priceline the other day for the first time and found it to be wonderful. I was going to bid and then saw a pre-negotiated price for a 2-Star in LBV for $38 a night (I was about to bud $40) after fees it ended up being like $93 for 2 nights. The hotel Ended Up being the Extended Stay Deluxe and Suites-Lake Beuna Vista (about 3mins from DTD). I booked the hotel for the 5th-7th of July and it was wonderful. Clean, Free Breakfast, and tons of room. Good Luck!

I won a $50 bid yesterday off priceline for 3 1/2 stars at Holiday Inn Resort LBV. Hope that helps! It was only for one day, for the day prior to our Disney check-in!

Hi, probably the best site to look and compare is Betterbidding.com.

The problem with Priceline and Hotwire (and I use them all the time) is that if a resort has fees for parking or just resort fees, that won't show up until after you find out where you will stay. I know a few of the resorts at Down Town Disney come up on PL at a reasonable price, but then you are stuck paying extra. Priceline also has non-bid choices, and I got one for this trip for what I think is a very reasonable rate.

So yourself a favor, don't use Priceline. Had several bad experiences. Sorry....just one of those things that they did us really bad and I tell everyone! Their services are terrible!!!!

Priceline is so cool have used it lots of times just if you name your owe price you never know what hotel your gonna get just pick star level and should be ok

We have never had a bad experience with Priceline, and we actually have had some very very good ones. My only concern are the places where you aren't aware of extra resort or parking charges. That's why I wouldn't use it around WDW. We just got a LaQuinta outside Atlanta on the way down for $42. The price on the hotel web site was $99 for the same room.
And we had a fabulous LeMerridian in San Francisco last month for $132 in the financial district. But you have to do research first is all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter