• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline+canadians

T

tracycd

Hi All;

Can anyone tell me about THEIR experience using Priceline?
Did you have any trouble using a visa or mastercard? I read on the bidding for travel
site that Canadian bids using these cards were not accepted.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tracycd

I have used it about 5 times now. My visa was always accepted. Now where it says adress and zip code you have to make one up because it will not take a canadian province or postal code. That is really not a problem because confirmation is sent via e-mail and you just print it off.

Thank you hockey mom. This will be my first time using priceline. Hopefully my bid will
be accepted.
Tracycd

Hi Hockeymom:

Did you use the priceline for booking a room for your drive down to wdw and back. If so if you don't mind telling me what hotel did you get and where? I'm trying to decide whether to book with a AAA rate or wait and book thru priceline. We are going the last week in april. Thanks,

Deb.

We drive straight down, so I can't help you out with that one. Sorry.

Hockeymom:

We thought of doing that but wondered it we would be exhausted after the 23 hour drive.

Bye,

Deb.

Thanks for posting this question tracycd. I tried to use Priceline to get a hotel in Niagara Falls Ontario over the Christmas break but couldn't figure out how to enter my address. I emailed them but got no response. I was going to try Priceline for a hotel around the Grand Canyon in September.

Once I figured out how to use priceline, I became addicted! :D Budgets were tight this year so our Florida trip this year consisted of 7 nights at a 2.5* hotel right outside of WDW for $25 a night through priceline! We were quite pleased with the hotel - nothing special, but very acceptable. Also, this past Christmas we used priceline to get a 3* hotel in Toronto and got another great deal for one night. Hope it works out for you. Oh yes, we've had no problem using Mastercard.

I just made a successful bid with Priceline last night, after several rejections. I too wondered if it was due to the Master Card, Visa issue. But finally I had a bid accepted using Visa. I used Califoria as my state, which prints out CA, which is also the code for Canada and I made up my zip code using as many numbers from my postal code as I could.
Good Luck:earsboy:

We have used Priceline tons of times. We used it the first time 2 years ago and got the Marriott World Centre. Then Last February we got Hyatt (3*) and last summer, we got Wyndam Palace. We also used it for our drive down and got amazing deals in small cities between here and Florida. We always bid a 3 star and never paid more than $30.00 for any 3* hotel. There were no problems with our credit card. They email the confirmation so there is no need to worry about Priceline having an accurate street address. On every occasion we called the hotel ahead of time to make sure our reservation was there and when we presented at the hotel, we only had to state our names. No confirmation numbers(although we brought them). If it weren't for Priceline, we wouldn't be able to afford vacations. Good luck!

CJK: What hotel in Toronto did you get and, if you don't mind, what was the price? I didn't realize that you could use it for TO hotels but will look into this. We used priceline for our hotel in Buffalo at the airport last year. Great price.

We got the Marriot hotel for $25 American. It was still much cheaper than what we could've gotten directly from the hotel (even with the exchange). HTH!

I've used priceline as well. Registered using CA as the state, and 11111 as the zip code. Entered my correct address including city & prov in the address field.

Stayed at the Wyndham Orlando 3* for 15 nights in July 2001 for $30US/night - great hotel, no trouble. Also stayed at the Doubletree in Tampa for 2 nights, same price, didn't like the hotel as much though. Got a compact car for 17 days, Budget $15/day.

Used priceline as well for Las Vegas holiday. This was my first experience and I think I could have done better.

It does take some research to ensure you don't overbid. And remember they only guarantee 2 people per room. Although it's unlikely to get a room in Orlando that doesn't have 2 double beds. The very best place to start learning about priceline is www.biddingfortravel.com:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter