Price wise, which way is best?

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
We bought our package, hotel and tickets just by going through the disney reservations.

Now we do have membership through Costco and AAA. I went to Costco's website, and yes it does come with the free Character breakfast, and EE. But the DLH was maybe $150 more then what the package is we have now. And that's a standard room (so a lot more for a view). But it was cheaper then our package now for PP, and that's with the free breakfast. Although I'm not sure if I really want to stay at PP verses DLH.

I haven't looked in to AAA prices yet. But wondering what experience everyone else has had. Which is the best deal? Or did just having the extra perks that come with the packages make it worth more?

From my own personal experience I would not pay for the view at DH. Why? It is just not worth the extra bucks. We paid for the extra perk of a view and had a glamorous shot of the top of a coffee store and barely of the pool. We also paid for the extra view at PP somewhere between 220 to 240 last year for 5 nights. Would not do that again either. That view was terrific, but the lights do not stay on all night and you just might get lucky enough to get upgraded for free. PP was much better for us as far as service went and our older 2 loved the pool and the slide as opposed to the shallow Neverland pool. Who to go with,god only knows! we have AAA, Costco, and last year we used WDTC. If you are going again within a year's time you might think about upgrading to AP's. Then you can even get more for your buck. We sure are glad we did.

I usually go through AAA because its the same price or cheaper than WDTC pluss gets little extras like free parking and if you stay onsite thru AAA, you get the enhanced fastpass which is WONDERFUL when its busy.

crazymomof 4 said:
From my own personal experience I would not pay for the view at DH. Why? It is just not worth the extra bucks. We paid for the extra perk of a view and had a glamorous shot of the top of a coffee store and barely of the pool. We also paid for the extra view at PP somewhere between 220 to 240 last year for 5 nights. Would not do that again either. That view was terrific, but the lights do not stay on all night and you just might get lucky enough to get upgraded for free. PP was much better for us as far as service went and our older 2 loved the pool and the slide as opposed to the shallow Neverland pool. Who to go with,god only knows! we have AAA, Costco, and last year we used WDTC. If you are going again within a year's time you might think about upgrading to AP's. Then you can even get more for your buck. We sure are glad we did.

Yeah I agree about the view. I'm not sure how great the Downtown Disney view might be, but for one night a few years ago we had a pool view. It was neat, but I'm not sure it was worth the extra money.

Hard to decide! PP or DLH, AAA or Costco!

I think it depends on what your priorities are. We have usually done packages but have ended up with the most awful flight times ever. We personally feel their is nothing worse than starting off a holiday really cranky and tired from yucky flights. We now book everything seperately and we aced some awesome flight times. We are willing to pay the extra money for nice flight times with three kids. Generally I have found AAA/AMA does offer packages at a slightly lower price with some extra perks but flying from our city (arriving at the airport at 5am to depart and arriving back at our house at 2am) the flight times were too miserable to make up for what we were saving. We almost missed our flight going home because the shuttle needed to pick us up and get to lax during rush hour so when booking keep that in mind. I have never booked directly with Disney due to concerns over flight times again.

Regardless just wanna feel that so-cal sun on my face again.....:cool1:

I agree with IandGsmom. AAA books through WDTC, so it comes with all the perks of WDTD plus enhanced FP (a great perk if you are going during busy periods and if you like to ride the attractions that offer FP often). When I've compared the rates through the disney website and AAA, AAA usually came out better, especially for view rooms at DLH or GCH. I don't have Cosco so I can't compare, but breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen runs around $25 for adults (accounting to tax, tip, and a AAA discount). When you stay at a Disney property, you should be able to get EE each day of your stay that it is offered regardless of how you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter